Default Beautiful day for boating

Conditions looked promising for boating so the wife and I packed up early enough to catch the high tide at about 1047 hrs.
We launched at the Shinning Waters Marina on beautiful St. Margaret's Bay.
Very pleasant seabreeze. although some of the prima donnas in here might have found it a tad cool at 19 C.
Turned out to be perfect with seas of about 1 foot or less in protected areas.
Headed out past numerous islands on the east side of the Bay and then turned back to head west towards the popular beaches at Queensland and Hubbards.
I would have been happy just dropping the anchor in the sand off Queensland Beach to grab a bit of shuteye but the wife isn't into beaches very much.
Took the opportunity to follow and chat up a beautiful young lifeguard as she paddled her rescue board out past the swimming area to where we were slowly cruising.
Made me wish I was young again. ;-)
Then we headed east and finally north to do our usual cruise up to the head of the Bay.
All this took 3 hours and finally burned up all the old gas.
Now I'll change the old water separator filter for a new one.
Last job at home was to flush out the outboard and the boat's hull with fresh water to remove the salt.
BTW, some in here might be pleased to hear that I am becoming quite good at backing the Legend Xcalibur into my driveway by necessity. My legs aren't back to full strength yet so I had to apply myself and get 'er done...as the locals might say.

True North wrote:
[...]

Great trip!
--
Posted from my iPhone

True North wrote:
[...]

Change that separator with a Raco with the clear bowl. You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters.

http://www.amazon.com/Racor-320R-Rac...ater+separator

Banned

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:09:01 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:

BTW, some in here might be pleased to hear that I am becoming quite good at backing the Legend Xcalibur into my driveway by necessity. My legs aren't back to full strength yet so I had to apply myself and get 'er done...as the locals might say.

Boat while you can, it'll be your last year.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:09:03 -0400, Earl
wrote:

Change that separator with a Racor with the clear bowl. You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters.

===

Yes, good recommendation. Even the Racors can be overwhelmed by too
much water however. Don't ask me how I know. :-)

wrote:

Change that separator with a Racor with the clear bowl. You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters.

===

Yes, good recommendation. Even the Racors can be overwhelmed by too
much water however. Don't ask me how I know. :-)

Depends on the boat setup. The clear bottom racers are not coast Guard
legal in some gas configurations.

wrote:

Change that separator with a Racor with the clear bowl. You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters.

===

Yes, good recommendation. Even the Racors can be overwhelmed by too
much water however. Don't ask me how I know. :-)

Depends on the boat setup. The clear bottom racers are not coast Guard
legal in some gas configurations.

You can't put the glass/plastic bowl Racor in the bilge.

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

" change that separator with a Raco with the clear bowl. *You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters. "

For the price of that conversion I can buy a lifetimes worth of the genuine Mercury filters and just change out each season after I burn off the old treated gas.

On 8/14/2014 4:33 AM, True North wrote:
" change that separator with a Raco with the clear bowl. You can drain
the visible water into a soda can and not play the guessing game with
the sealed filters. "

For the price of that conversion I can buy a lifetimes worth of the genuine Mercury filters and just change out each season after I burn off the old treated gas.

Here it is the middle of August and you are still burning the remains of
last years gas out of your 12 gallon tank. You need the best possible
filtration system you can buy. Don't be cheap about it.

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:28:12 AM UTC-4, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:

Here it is the middle of August and you are still burning the remains of

last years gas out of your 12 gallon tank. You need the best possible

filtration system you can buy. Don't be cheap about it.

He IS stupid, you know. What more did you expect?

Another beautiful day on the Bay hk General 0 May 31st 10 05:26 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 11 May 20th 05 08:40 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 8 April 30th 05 05:54 PM
Beautiful Bay Day! John H General 3 May 23rd 04 11:52 PM
A beautiful couple of days boating! thunder General 10 March 10th 04 06:38 AM