Default Trying to discover what makes southern boys tick...

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 14 July 2018 10:43:07 UTC-3, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:52:58 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), True NorthÂ*
wrote:Â*

"The British Canadian brand of bigotry is hatred of the French.Â*
I knew a guy from Toronto who used to sayÂ*
"You Americans have the blacks, we have the French, Americans alwaysÂ*
did get the first choice".Â*
I guess back in the 18th century you had the luxury of packing them upÂ*
and shipping them out."

So...you form an opinion on 'British Canadians' based on one guy from Toronto?
I don't hate the French and I have plenty of British blood flowing through my veins.

You are the one who was saying the British kicked out the Acadians.
They did not send them to Louisiana. The Spanish did. Evidently they
didn't think much of the French either.

Oh boy...I always thought you were one of the few logical factual posters
in here. The British certainly did disperse the Acadians...including a
good portion to Swampland USA.

And when are the British going to send money to their former slaves
descendants?

wrote:

[...]

From Wikipedia
After being expelled to France, many Acadians were eventually
recruited by the Spanish government to migrate to present day
Louisiana state (known then as Spanish colonial Luisiana), where they
developed what became known as Cajun culture.[8]

[8]Han, Eunjung; Carbonetto, Peter; Curtis, Ross E.; Wang, Yong;
Granka, Julie M.; Byrnes, Jake; Noto, Keith; Kermany, Amir R.; Myres,
Natalie M. (2017-02-07). "Clustering of 770,000 genomes reveals
post-colonial population structure of North America". Nature
Communications. 8. doi:10.1038/ncomms14238. ISSN 2041-1723.

Another reference
According to Cajun Country, after Spain gained control of Louisiana in
the mid-1760s, Acadian exiles "who had been repatriated to France
volunteered to the king of Spain to help settle his newly acquired
colony." The Spanish government accepted their offer and paid for the
transport of 1,600 settlers. When they arrived in Louisiana in 1785,
colonial forts continued Spain's services to Acadian pioneers (which
officially began with a proclamation by Governor Galvez in February of
1778). Forts employed and otherwise sponsored the settlers in starting
their new lives by providing tools, seed corn, livestock, guns,
medical services, and a church.

Read mo
http://www.everyculture.com/multi/A-...#ixzz5LFKAhWn0

Kalif guzzles...
"And when are the British going to send money to their former slavesÂ*
descendants?"

I have no idea...you'll have to ask them.

wrote:

[...]

I wonder how many were separated from their children?
We know the mortality rate was pretty high on the slave ships the
brits used to ferry them back to France or to colonies like Georgia
where they were sold as slaves. I have done a bit of reading since
last night and the whole matter was pretty disgusting. Why do we think
Canadians are so nice?

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:15:30 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Kalif guzzles...
"And when are the British going to send money to their former slaves*
descendants?"

I have no idea...you'll have to ask them.

You were the one bragging about your British blood. Seems like Bill asked the right person.

We'll just add that to the list of questions you're too ball-less to answer, eh Donna?

wrote:*

"The British Canadian brand of bigotry is hatred of the French.*
I knew a guy from Toronto who used to say*
"You Americans have the blacks, we have the French, Americans always*
did get the first choice".*
I guess back in the 18th century you had the luxury of packing them up*
and shipping them out."

So...you form an opinion on 'British Canadians' based on one guy from Toronto?
I don't hate the French and I have plenty of British blood flowing through my veins.

You are the one who was saying the British kicked out the Acadians.
They did not send them to Louisiana. The Spanish did. Evidently they
didn't think much of the French either.

Oh boy...I always thought you were one of the few logical factual posters in here. The British certainly did disperse the Acadians...including a good portion to Swampland USA.

From Wikipedia
[...]

You're doing the same thing with Donna that you do with Harry - presenting facts. You'll most likely
get the same response you get from Harry - bull****.

True North Wrote in message:
Kalif guzzles...
"And when are the British going to send money to their former slaves
descendants?"

I have no idea...you'll have to ask them.

Ask your brittish blood connection

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:50:18 -0700 (PDT), True North

"The British Canadian brand of bigotry is hatred of the French.
I knew a guy from Toronto who used to say
"You Americans have the blacks, we have the French, Americans always
did get the first choice".
[...]

I don't know. Why? They certainly are skinflints when they come to
Florida.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

From Wikipedia
[...]

It is actually a pretty interesting read. There are about a dozen
articles you get on the top 2 pages of a google search. A few are
fluff but some were pretty interesting about the forced migration of
the Acadians from Canada (the polite term for being herded onto slave
ships and hauled away) and what happened to them.
I always knew they mostly came from Canada because they were on the
wrong side if the French and Indian war but I did not realize how
forcefully they were moved.

wrote:

[...]

They are usually polite about it tho ;-)

"Here you go sonny, a dime. That's a good tip eh?"