Default Trying to discover what makes southern boys tick...

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 12:20 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 02:39:13 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

And it was the British who brought a lot of the slaves to America. And
the Carib. They only freed them in England, not in any colonies.

Make that pretty much all the slaves. 18 years after we kicked the
British out the congress passed a low barring any more importation of
slaves. Most were already here before 1776, brought here on British
ships.

Portugal, England, Spain, France, the Netherlands, among other European
nations, engaged in bringing slaves to the "New World." The Portuguese
were the largest slave traders.

Slaves were brought here throughout much of the 19th Century.

Not legally, after 180

There are estimates that twelve to fifteen million Africans were brought
over as slaves, but many died in the transit. Their survivors lived in
slavery in this country beyond the Civil War, even though they were
emancipated. There are ways to enslave people without calling them slaves.

That gets us back to my contention that the civil war was unnecessary.
Perhaps if slavery was ended in a way that did not cost us 600,000
lives and destroy half of the country, the transition might have been
faster and less contentious. At least you admit the war did not make
the slaves equal. The process took 150 years, just to get where we are
now.

I see you are still promoting the idea that slavery was an ok thing. If
the former slaves are not equal, it is the fault of whitey.

I never said it was OK. I just said that the war was not the best way
to resolve the issue and you are simply proving the futility of that
method.

It wasn't futile; it was necessary. How many more generations of slavery
would have been acceptable to you and the rest of you white conservatives?

You are the one who said "Their survivors lived in slavery in this
country beyond the Civil War, even though they were emancipated"

How many generations was that?

The slavery to which I was referring was no longer the actual
slavery...you didn't perceive that?
White racism towards people of color in this country will never die out.
The actual slavery in the south would not have ended sans the Civil War.

Slavery has ended in countries throughout the former British colonies
and we are the only one that think we needed a devastating war to do
it.
I thought you were against war. You seem to think economic pressures
are all we need to cure all of the world's ills but this one.
The reality is that slavery was economically based and could have been
brought down with economic pressure. If slave produced goods were no
longer accepted in trade with the north and the rest of the civilized
world, slavery would have ended very fast.

Oh, yeah...that free market bull****. Loonytarianism.

Isn't that what you said would bring Saddam down and that war was a
stupid thing?
It is funny that a war on foreign soil is so distasteful but a war
right here is "the only way" we can resolve what was basically an
economic issue.
In fact the economics didn't change that much either. If you were a
black person in Mississippi in 1866, your life really did not change
that much. You were still living in the same shack, you were doing the
same job and you were eating the same food. The only difference was
you got paid for the job and you turned around and paid the plantation
owner all of that money for your room and board. Certainly you could
leave but to go do what?
You said it yourself. It was still virtual slavery ... 600,000 dead
Americans later.
BTW the life was not much different if you were a "free" textile
worker in New York or a "free" coal miner in West Virginia through
most of the next 100 years. They were usually white people.

Slavery exists today in the form of modern day unions. The
workers(slaves) are brainwashed into thinking they cannot
possibly survive outside the protective union umbrella. The
workers low self esteem has elevated union leadership to god-like
status. If you think this is untrue, engage any union member in
conversation about their work. Modern day slaves hold union
cards.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:11:22 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Wayne.B Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:14:53 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I guess you've chosen to ignore the fact that legalized slavery did
end everywhere else around the world without fighting any wars? And
free market economics is far from loony; it's proven in fact. Just
look at what centralized planning did for the old Soviet Union and
Cuba for example.

I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you righties of the error
of your ways on these subjects...Wiki has an answer suitable for you:

While slavery was institutionally recognized by most societies, it has
now been outlawed in all recognized countries, the last being Mauritania
in 2007.

===

A typical twisted non-answer from our favorite narcissist who, in his
own mind, couldn't possibly be wrong about anything.

He never fails to disappoint, does he?

LOL! Most perceptive.

On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Mooks who haven't the skills to get a unionized job in the skilled
trades talk like you.

On 7/18/2018 2:39 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

And it was the British who brought a lot of the slaves to
America.Â*Â* And
the Carib.Â* They only freed them in England, not in any
[...]

Â* workers(slaves) are brainwashed into thinking they cannot
Â* possibly survive outside the protective union umbrella. The
Â* workers low self esteem has elevated union leadership to god-like
Â* status. If you think this is untrue, engage any union member in
Â* conversation about their work. Modern day slaves hold union
Â* cards.

Mooks who haven't the skills to get a unionized job in the skilled
trades talk like you.

Interesting comment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics,
only 10.7 percent of wage and salary workers were members of unions
in 2017, down from 20.1 percent in 1983, the first year data was
collected.

According to you then, over 89 percent of workers don't have the skills
to get a unionized job, skilled trades or not. That's a bit far
fetched, don't you think?

Given the steep decline in union membership over the past three decades
maybe people don't *want* a union job even though a union job does
typically pay more. Has to be a reason for membership percentage
dropping almost in half.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Those with skills hire unionized mooks. Because the government requires
it.

On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

And almost all those union people are government.

On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The wages are more equalized when you consider the union dues and other mandatory contributions.

The union shops I've been to and worked in were filled with union workers who complained about their jobs, unions, and general environment all day long. A bunch of miserable SOB's. They finally realize it's not worth it to get a couple of extra bucks.

On 7/18/18 9:21 AM, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:01:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 9:25 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:11:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/17/18 2:57 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:54:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 9:05 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:46:12 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/16/18 2:25 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:11:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Wow, four days later and no comment from Krause. Strange.