Gould 0738

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

Didn't you say you sold cars for a living? I have heard that car salesman
make money by getting people to buy their product. I have heard that some
people will lie to get people to buy their product. I have heard that car
salesman have a reputation for lying and doing whatever it takes to get the

order.

Following your logic concerning JD Powers you must be liar who would do
anything to make a buck.

Repeat:

1. Whenever somebody abandons the subject at hand and tries to divert into
personal flames, I don't suspect I'm winning......I know I have won the
argument.

2. There is no point continuing this thread to give you additional
opportunities to flame and insult. Rather obviously, you ran out of ammo a
while back and are reduced to throwing turds.
Spam Me Please

Gould, do you not see that my statement follows the exact same logic as
yours against JD Powers? If you do not think it is fair to say that about
you, why do you think it is fair to slander a company that has based it's
existence on it's reputation as being fair and unbiased?

You are bowing out because you know you have been caught. You like to
pretend that you are just being analytical and factual, in reality, you have
an axe to grind and you don't care who you hurt.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

del cecchi

Surely you must realize that it is entirely appropriate to be suspicious
of a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" company that allows the results to
be used for marketing. In fact that markets the results to be used in
marketing. You may think consumer reports is incompetent in their
testing, and their political alliance with the trial lawyers turns my
stomach, but I have never heard anyone accuse them of cooking the test.

And they don't allow use of their results in marketing. Motor Trend, on
the other hand.... And now JD Powers. Sad.

del cecchi

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Spam Me Please

Del,
You have ever right to be suspicious of anything you read, but to accuse a
"unbiased" market research company of being able to be paid off by the
highest bidder without any proof is not only illegal, but shows someone who
has very limited understanding of a viable business and marketing plan. JD
Powers is able to sell the reports and the advertising because the consumer
believes that it is a fair and unbiased report. If they tinkered with the
questions to help one manufacturer over another, the losing manufacturer
would make this an expose in the industry magazine and JD Powers would no
longer be able to sell either the survey or the advertising.

Gould's premise does not make any business sense. While their has been some
speculation about the accuracy of the survey's, no industry expert has ever
accused JD Powers of designing a biased survey or cooking the books. That
is my problem with Gould, he is slandering a reputable company without any
proof.

As far as Consumer Reports, I also have never heard anyone of accusing them
of cooking the test. My problem with Consumer Reports, and I have heard
others observe the same problem, is many of the products that I have
detailed knowledge of, they have been wrong. When I was working in major
appliance dept in college, it seemed that whatever appliance got the "Best
Value" or Number 1 ranking with CR was the product that we had extremely
high quality problems and / or returns. I do not believe they were cooking
the books, just that their test did not accurately reflect long term usage
and quality.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Charles

Rick wrote:

K Smith wrote:

Proceed on with your performance I love saving them for the future.

Now THAT is really wierd, K. The only thing wierder than that is your
casual admission that you get some peculiar satisfaction when you "save
them for the future.

You may want to talk to a medical professional about that.

Or just go ahead and admit you are a little more than infatuated with
Harry and your nasty little posts are just your form of "talking dirty"
while you are doing whatever it is you do.

Eeeewwwwww, talk about creepy!

Rick

Ah, so we may assume that you believe the same about krause because he
told the group that he compiled a CD of all Madcow's posts of several years.

Good to know.

-- Charlie

GAZ

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

Controlling the questions is an almost foolproof way to influence, if not
absolutely predetermine the results of a survey. When the survey is

completed,
Powers needs something to sell.

If you need more proof, look at political polls. Every major player in the
California election had polls showing him/her ahead of the competition but
in the end it wasn't even close.
Boat polls, political polls, all the same, all BS!
Gordon

Spam Me Please

GAZ,
The question isn't if polls can be biased, everyone knows they can be. The
question isn't if boating polls and mag articles are designed to highlight
the positive aspects of a particular boat. The question is does JD Powers
bias their surveys so one manufacturer will do better on the survey than
another. Not only has no one ever shown any proof that it is done, but if
it was, all the manufacturers who were on the low end of the survey would
emphasize how bias they are. JD Powers goes out of their way not to bias
the survey because they want to make money for a long time. To do anything
else would be very short sighted.

"GAZ" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

Controlling the questions is an almost foolproof way to influence, if

not
absolutely predetermine the results of a survey. When the survey is

completed,
Powers needs something to sell.

If you need more proof, look at political polls. Every major player in

the
California election had polls showing him/her ahead of the competition but
in the end it wasn't even close.
Boat polls, political polls, all the same, all BS!
Gordon

Rick

Charles wrote:

Ah, so we may assume that you believe the same about krause because he
told the group that he compiled a CD of all Madcow's posts of several years.

Good to know.

Whatever makes you feel good, I guess. If you need to believe that to
make it through another day go right ahead.

Rick

basskisser

"Jack Rye" .# wrote in message

snip the drivel

One question. You previously stated in this thread, that you wouldn't
believe JD Powers' survey, but would believe Consumer Reports. Fine,
but then why, when you find something in JD Powers that agrees with
you, you post it as gospel?
Charles

Rick wrote:

Charles wrote:

Ah, so we may assume that you believe the same about krause because he
told the group that he compiled a CD of all Madcow's posts of several years.

Good to know.

Whatever makes you feel good, I guess. If you need to believe that to
make it through another day go right ahead.

Rick

Ya, I kinda figured you were the typical cookie cutter liberal
hypocrite, just checking tho.

-- Charlie