Default Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Saturday, March 18, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Richard C. Belanger wrote:
Hi:

I have been looking at a new Carver 396. Looks like a nice boat, good
for the family, though not a hard-core offshore design. Everything has
been looking good until I went to http://www.yachtsurvey.com

David Pascoe has a post on Carver's that makes me feel I would be better
off lashing together some logs than getting a Carver. Needless to say I
am more than a little concerned.

He points out major problems in the fabrication of Carver boats - and
essentially says they are unworthy of any consideration.

We have been comparing Carver's to Maxum and SeaRay and have liked the
Carver's better - partly because they seem to be more solidly put
together. Some friends who have newer Carver's and cruise them heavily
have also had good things to say about the seaworthiness of the boat.

I hadn't considered the more hard-core boats like Bertram and Hatteras
since I believed they were completely out of my price range.

Any opinions out there? Would I be making a huge mistake with a
Carver? Should I just keep saving for a better quality boat? My
primary goal is cruising the boat in Massachusetts waters - based out of
Boston.

Thanks,

Rich

The titanic hit a ice burg and sank, how big of a rock should anyone hit. Try not to hit anything but if you do be prepared.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 00:03:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Wonder if that boat is still floating?

Carver boats - a big mistake? [email protected] General 36 December 14th 19 02:47 AM
Carver boats - a big mistake? [email protected] General 1 September 8th 16 03:39 AM
mistake Doug Kanter General 4 August 2nd 05 05:49 AM
Another mistake? The_navigator© ASA 13 November 24th 03 03:59 AM