The_navigator©

Default Another mistake?

Booby claims that Sudzy (at the helm) has initiated the course change
evident in

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

but skilled sailors know this is not true! Why/how?

Cheers MC

Bobsprit

Booby claims that Sudzy (at the helm) has initiated the course change
evident in

Yup, quite clearly. All you have to do is spot the wake to starboard which
clearly shows she's adjusting coarse.

RB

The_navigator©

Default YET Another mistake?

Wake to starboard?

Bwhahhahahahahahahahha

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

Booby claims that Sudzy (at the helm) has initiated the course change
evident in

Yup, quite clearly. All you have to do is spot the wake to starboard which
clearly shows she's adjusting coarse.

RB

Bobsprit

Wake to starboard?

Bwhahhahahahahahahahha

Yup. In this case I had her alter course to suit the sun's angle for the pic.
We are actually too far off the wind. West is at her left and the sun was too
far behind her on coarse. Again, note the water to starboard. Pretty obvious,
though I did have to point it out to you. That we are set for a close reach and
off course is the primary error...and you missed it!
You're probably looking at silly stuff like fenders and a wrapped halyard on
deck.
Some sailor you are!

RB

The_navigator©

Default And YET Another mistake?

Bwhahahhahhahahahha! She's turning to PORT and luffing up silly. The
wake is to PORT.

And you think you can see 11 mistakes? You can't even tell port and
starboard!

BUSTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

Wake to starboard?

Bwhahhahahahahahahahha

Yup. In this case I had her alter course to suit the sun's angle for the pic.
We are actually too far off the wind. West is at her left and the sun was too
far behind her on coarse. Again, note the water to starboard. Pretty obvious,
though I did have to point it out to you. That we are set for a close reach and
off course is the primary error...and you missed it!
You're probably looking at silly stuff like fenders and a wrapped halyard on
deck.
Some sailor you are!

RB

Bobsprit

Bwhahahhahhahahahha! She's turning to PORT and luffing up silly. The
wake is to PORT.

The wave pattern that indicates the course change is at her right, to
starboard. Don't even try to say you were thinking I meant Port as there's
virtually zero wake there!
I'm embarassed for you. No Bwahahaha needed.

RB

Bobsprit

Bwhahhahahahahahah! Let me help you. Is Sudzy's left hand PORT or starboard?

Port, but the wake described isn't present to port at all. It's to starboard,
midship.
I think you don't know what "wake" means. You probably think it's always aft.
Not so.

Wake:
The visible track of turbulence left by something moving through water: the
wake of a ship. Disturbance in liquid from moving object.

You poor thing.

RB