Default begins badly

Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 21:47:02 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

f you feel like the second quarter began badly, you’d be right.

U.S. stocks had their worst April start since 1929, according to data
compiled by Bloomberg. The S&P 500 index slumped 2.2 percent, a rout
exceeded only by its 2.5 percent decline 89 years ago, a prelude to the
devastating crash later that year that brought on the Great Depression.
(Back then, the index only comprised 90 stocks.)

China’s retaliatory trade tariffs combined with President Donald Trump’s
criticism of Amazon.com Inc. to send equities into a tailspin Monday.
Shares in the online retailer tumbled, encouraging a sell-off in consumer
discretionary and technology stocks. The S&P 500 closed below its 200-day
moving average -- a key technical support -- and volatility climbed.

From Bloomberg News

You really need to watch stocks in the long term but I agree things
trump is doing right now is depressing the market. If we do end up
working something out with Jina it will pop back up. The market is
still overpriced IMHO and I expect a huge correction but what the hell
do I know. The reality is where else would all the money go?
It is funny that you like to trash the 0.1% and then you are worried
about where they are putting their money.
I know one thing for sure. The smart day traders made a **** load of
money today.

It is ironically funny that Trump is the cause of the market “correction.”
If it takes a serious drop before the fall elections, Trump will be
figuratively tarred and feathered.

We haven't seen a "correction". This is from your friends at CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/news...ner/index.html
Tim Tim is offline

5:08 PMKeyser Soze
On 4/3/18 4:20 PM, Tim wrote:

3:11 PMjustan
Tim Wrote in message:
Fat Harry's ignorance isn't amazing, it's pathetic. Fat Harry
doesn't know that the National Guard is the oldest US military
service. I'd be surprised if any of Fat Harry's ancestors served
in the US military.

:::

Actually We ought to give him the benefit of the doubt, he should know especially with all his service experience etc.

You're not really any brighter than justan

Tell us again how you sweated the jungles if SE Asia toting body bags while directly reporting to a US General

On 4/3/18 7:55 PM, Tim wrote:

5:08 PMKeyser Soze
On 4/3/18 4:20 PM, Tim wrote:

3:11 PMjustan
Tim Wrote in message:
Fat Harry's ignorance isn't amazing, it's pathetic. Fat Harry
doesn't know that the National Guard is the oldest US military
service. I'd be surprised if any of Fat Harry's ancestors served
in the US military.

:::

Actually We ought to give him the benefit of the doubt, he should know especially with all his service experience etc.

You're not really any brighter than justan

Tell us again how you sweated the jungles if SE Asia toting body bags while directly reporting to a US General

Since I never said that, there's no reason to tell you again, dummy.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
On 4/3/18 3:55 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
There's a difference between the U.S. military and the National
Guard..
,,,,

Really? My great uncle was in the Pennsylvania national guard and fought in Belgium during WW1. I had two cousins in the Illinois national guard called to Vietnam .

You amaze me, Harry.
Hahahahaha!

Oh, were those relatives fighting as an ordinary police unit or to
pursue ordinary domestic policies within the United States? No? Well,
:::

Ever hear of the AEF? why don’t you dig up ol Pershing and ask him what the “Keystones “ were doing ‘over there’

As for Vietnam, you mean get read up on the Illinois national guard in the 126th Quartermaster units.

Nah, that won’t happen.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
Since I never said that, there's no reason to tell you again, dummy.

I’m sure there’s plenty here who would dispute that, foo’

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/3/18 4:11 PM, justan wrote:
Tim Wrote in message:
Keyser Soze
There's a difference between the U.S. military and the National
Guard..
,,,,

Really? My great uncle was in the Pennsylvania national guard and
fought in Belgium during WW1. I had two cousins in the Illinois
national guard called to Vietnam .

You amaze me, Harry.
Hahahahaha!

Fat Harry's ignorance isn't amazing, it's pathetic. Fat Harry
doesn't know tbat the National Guard is the oldest US military
service. I'd be surprised if any of Fat Harry's ancestors served
in the US military.

That has NOTHING to do with this discussion, ****-for-brains.

Well, you bring up **** not related in anyway to a discussion. So I guess
it is acceptable. Or do you need advanced writing degrees to enable that
function?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 23:13:24 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 19:33:27 -0400,
wrote:

they can board and search
vessels at sea without a warrant and that extends into just about
anywhere they have jurisdiction. You see that in action here when they
will put some junior enlisted coastie on the sheriff's boat during
those enhanced enforcement weekends so they do not have to deal with
niceties if they want to look over your boat. They just send the CG
guy on board to look around. The CG does have the power to
immediately seize your boat if there are drugs on board, in any
quantity. I often wonder if that has ever been tested in court if they
are inside the COLREGS line. I know offshore guides are pretty adamant
with a "no drugs on my boat" rule.

===

Small quantities of drugs inside the COLREGS line would probably be
referred to local law enforcement similar to how suspected firearms
violations are handled.

---

I imagine but they do have the coastie on the sheriff boat now and
then. Like I said, I wonder how a court would rule if they caught a
guy with a joint in the console in the bay and the coastie turned it
up on a warrantless search.
That is not exactly the "high seas" even if the operator is high.

I know motor vehicle law is well tested on the side of the road but I
am not sure how that translates to boats. I have never actually heard
about people being "boarded" by LEOs unless they had PC they spotted
from their boat or they thought the operator was impaired. I know when
they stopped me and gave me the DUI test coming past the shrimp boats
the sheriff was in his boat and I was in mine. It was no big deal
since I was OK but I was interested in the process. He was stopping
pretty much everyone.
When the FWC guy stopped me in Mullock Creek, he stayed in his boat
too. He just had me show him I had no fish in my cooler. I ended up
showing him all of my gear but he did that in a way that I did not
feel like I was being jacked up. He was actually a very cool cop.
It was like "I really like your boat, do you keep your life jackets in
that box" sort of thing. It was just two guys talking about their
boats.

wrote:

[...]

The gave you a breathalyzer test on your boat with no probable cause?

What if you say no?

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

No he just did the flashlight thing and asked me a few questions.
It did not occur to me to say no. I had nothing to hide but I know
that is how rights are simply given away.
I did question his shining a white light in my eyes when I was going
to be navigating at night. He apologized and said he was just doing
his job. He got the light out of my face and stalled around long
enough looking at my papers for me to recover some night vision. That
area is lit up like time square anyway until you get to mid island and
cut back into the mangroves. Once I got around the corner from the
marina I was seeing OK enough to run the mangroves back to the river.