[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default begins badly

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 19:33:27 -0400, wrote:

they can board and search
vessels at sea without a warrant and that extends into just about
anywhere they have jurisdiction. You see that in action here when they
will put some junior enlisted coastie on the sheriff's boat during
those enhanced enforcement weekends so they do not have to deal with
niceties if they want to look over your boat. They just send the CG
guy on board to look around. The CG does have the power to
immediately seize your boat if there are drugs on board, in any
quantity. I often wonder if that has ever been tested in court if they
are inside the COLREGS line. I know offshore guides are pretty adamant
with a "no drugs on my boat" rule.

===

Small quantities of drugs inside the COLREGS line would probably be
referred to local law enforcement similar to how suspected firearms
violations are handled.

---
http://www.avg.com