Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default AR-15 rifles

Before the 2nd Amendment advocates jump all over me for this, please
hear me out and give it consideration.

I think AR-15 and other "military like" rifles that resemble assault
rifles should be allowed but only at licensed shooting ranges. They
cannot be removed from the range. Owners should be required to store
the rifles *at* the range when not using them.

I realize other types of guns, cars, trucks, knives, etc. can also be
used in these mass killings in schools but for some reason the people
that do this seem to have a fascination with military type assault weapons.

It's not a 2nd Amendment thing. It's a mental attitude and perception
thing and it needs to be addressed. As a country, we need to do
something, not just talk about it like a bunch of politicians.

And contrary to Harry's claims, mental health professionals need to pay
closer attention to their patients and not hesitate to report anyone who
even remotely appears to be a potential threat. The mental health
people at the out-patient facility who treated Cruz reported him to be
of "no danger to himself or others." He then went out with an AR-15
and killed 17 people, most of them children.