BoatBanter.com

-   -   Kids Say the Darndest Things (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/178133-kids-say-darndest-things.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 21st 18 06:16 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Keyser Soze February 21st 18 08:27 PM

On 2/21/18 1:16 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Whatever happens will be a test of leadership for Trump. If he produces
nothing or next to nothing (the current proposal to pay for more
reporting from the states is nothing).

[email protected] February 21st 18 08:52 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:27:33 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 2/21/18 1:16 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Whatever happens will be a test of leadership for Trump. If he produces
nothing or next to nothing (the current proposal to pay for more
reporting from the states is nothing).

===

Out of deference to your omnipotent wisdom, I'm sure he'll consult
with you in advance of any major decisions.

---
http://www.avg.com

Keyser Soze February 21st 18 09:12 PM

wrote:

On 2/21/18 1:16 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Whatever happens will be a test of leadership for Trump. If he produces
nothing or next to nothing (the current proposal to pay for more
reporting from the states is nothing).

===

Out of deference to your omnipotent wisdom, I'm sure he'll consult
with you in advance of any major decisions.

---
http://www.avg.com

It's hard to think of anyone I know who doesn't know more about firearms
and firearms safety and the need for better controls on obtaining
firearms than Trump. Of course, that is also true of many other subjects
important to our government and Constitution.

justan February 21st 18 09:32 PM

wrote:

On 2/21/18 1:16 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Whatever happens will be a test of leadership for Trump. If he produces
nothing or next to nothing (the current proposal to pay for more
reporting from the states is nothing).

===

Out of deference to your omnipotent wisdom, I'm sure he'll consult
with you in advance of any major decisions.

---
http://www.avg.com

It's hard to think of anyone I know who doesn't know more about firearms
and firearms safety and the need for better controls on obtaining
firearms than Trump. Of course, that is also true of many other subjects
important to our government and Constitution.

How do you know what trump knows?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Keyser Soze February 21st 18 11:25 PM

wrote:

On 2/21/18 1:16 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Students at the Florida press conference make more sense than adults.

Whatever happens will be a test of leadership for Trump. If he produces
nothing or next to nothing (the current proposal to pay for more
reporting from the states is nothing).

===

Out of deference to your omnipotent wisdom, I'm sure he'll consult
with you in advance of any major decisions.

---
http://www.avg.com

It's hard to think of anyone I know who doesn't know more about firearms
and firearms safety and the need for better controls on obtaining
firearms than Trump. Of course, that is also true of many other subjects
important to our government and Constitution.

How do you know what trump knows?

Easy. He doesn't read much, he doesn't pay attention to his national
security advisers, when he speaks on any significant issue, it is
obvious his depth of knowledge is one sheet of paper deep. Trump is an
intellectual cipher.

justan February 22nd 18 12:11 AM

wrote:

[...]

But how do you know that? You haven't even had lunch with him.
You're just blowing smoke like you always do. You aren't equipped
with the tools to figure things out, either. That's
obvious.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

[email protected] February 22nd 18 03:56 AM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:44:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I think this latest shooting is a tripping point and I think many state
legislators will start to do something. It will be slow but the
citizens demand it.

The weird thing is these killings represent about 0.9% of the gun
murders and 0.20% of gun deaths in the US but it is the only thing we
want to talk about. I suppose it is because these are white kids in
the suburbs and not black kids in the city.
I still say the only up side to keeping troubled kids away from guns
is they will be paying more attention in chemistry classes.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 04:57 AM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:52:48 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John, I agree with you that the problem isn't really guns. All of them
can kill. The problem is more a mindset and fascination with military
type assault weapons. They are, by a wide margin, the weapon of choice
by these sick people.

It is just the most popular rifle sold in the US today, by a wide
margin. We still have more people killed with bare hands, feet fists
etc than all rifles combined so it is not really the major killer.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 04:58 AM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:26:46 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

We'll see what sort of leadership Trump exerts on this issue.

Trump is going to knee jerk something. It is what he does.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 12:31 PM

wrote:

We'll see what sort of leadership Trump exerts on this issue.

Trump is going to knee jerk something. It is what he does.

I think it's possible that Trump may make gun law reform his legacy.
If he does and he's successful, he'll have one term only but will go
down in history as having had a successful presidency, to the dismay of
a lot of liberals and many conservatives.

I don't think Trump really thought he was going to win the election and
I don't think he really wants the job for more than four years. He's an
outsider and there's no question that the "establishment" politicians
resent having him in office. He's upsetting the traditional apple cart
of favors and corruption.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 12:45 PM

wrote:

John, I agree with you that the problem isn't really guns. All of them
can kill. The problem is more a mindset and fascination with military
type assault weapons. They are, by a wide margin, the weapon of choice
by these sick people.

It is just the most popular rifle sold in the US today, by a wide
margin. We still have more people killed with bare hands, feet fists
etc than all rifles combined so it is not really the major killer.

How many schools have had innocent children killed with bare hands or feet?

Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 *children* between six and seven years old,
as well as six adult staff members using a Bushmaster XM-15, an AR-15
style military type rifle.

Last week Cruz killed 17 people in less than 7 minutes using an AR-15,
military style weapon.

Here's a more complete list of mass shootings involving AR-15 type rifles:

Feb. 24, 1984:
Tyrone Mitchell, 28, used an AR-15, a Stoeger 12-gauge shotgun and a
Winchester 12-gauge shotgun to kill two and wound 12 at 49th Street
Elementary School in Los Angeles before killing himself.

Oct. 7, 2007:
Tyler Peterson, 20, used an AR-15 to kill six and injure one at an
apartment in Crandon, Wis., before killing himself.

June 20, 2012:
James Eagan Holmes, 24, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber Smith and
Wesson rifle with a 100-round magazine, a 12-gauge Remington shotgun and
two .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistols to kill 12 and injure 58 at
a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.

Dec. 14, 2012:
Adam Lanza, 20, used an AR-15-style rifle, a .223-caliber Bushmaster, to
kill 27 people — his mother, 20 students and six teachers — in Newtown,
Conn., before killing himself.

June 7, 2013:
John Zawahri, 23, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber rifle and a
..44-caliber Remington revolver to kill five and injure three at a home
in Santa Monica, Calif., before he was killed.

March 19, 2015:
Justin Fowler, 24, used an AR-15 to kill one and injure two on a street
in Little Water, N.M., before he was killed.

May 31, 2015:
Jeffrey Scott Pitts, 36, used an AR-15 and .45-caliber handgun to kill
two and injure two at a store in Conyers, Ga., before he was killed.

Oct. 31, 2015:
Noah Jacob Harpham, 33, used an AR-15, a .357-caliber revolver and a 9mm
semi-automatic pistol to kill three on a street in Colorado Springs,
Colo., before he was killed.

Dec. 2, 2015:
Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27, used two AR-15-style,
..223-caliber Remington rifles and two 9 mm handguns to kill 14 and
injure 21 at his workplace in San Bernardino, Calif., before they were
killed.

June 12, 2016:
Omar Mateen, 29, used an AR-15 style rifle (a Sig Sauer MCX), and a 9mm
Glock semi-automatic pistol to kill 49 people and injure 50 at an
Orlando nightclub before he was killed.

Oct. 1, 2017:
Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill
58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he
killed himself.

Nov. 5, 2017:
Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a
church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.

Feb. 14, 2018:
Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least
17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 12:51 PM

wrote:

I think this latest shooting is a tripping point and I think many state
legislators will start to do something. It will be slow but the
citizens demand it.

The weird thing is these killings represent about 0.9% of the gun
murders and 0.20% of gun deaths in the US but it is the only thing we
want to talk about. I suppose it is because these are white kids in
the suburbs and not black kids in the city.
I still say the only up side to keeping troubled kids away from guns
is they will be paying more attention in chemistry classes.

If gangs in cities want to blow each other's heads off ... go for it.

But when a nutcase goes into a school and kills 17 people,including
school kids in less than 7 minutes, or another nut case kills 20 people
including innocent 6 and 7 year olds, it's time to do something about it.

Keyser Soze February 22nd 18 02:11 PM

wrote:

John, I agree with you that the problem isn't really guns. All of them
can kill. The problem is more a mindset and fascination with military
type assault weapons. They are, by a wide margin, the weapon of choice
by these sick people.

It is just the most popular rifle sold in the US today, by a wide
margin. We still have more people killed with bare hands, feet fists
etc than all rifles combined so it is not really the major killer.

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

Tim February 22nd 18 02:50 PM

wrote:

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

Well, the Vietnamese nickname for the m-16. It was called “Black Death” for some odd reason. Then again maybe it wasn’t used in the jungles, no?

[email protected] February 22nd 18 05:13 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:25:20 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age? Who is going to stop them?
I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 05:33 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:45:34 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

How many schools have had innocent children killed with bare hands or feet?

Again you are just talking about what makes the news. During that same
5 year period tens of thousands of black "kids" were killed with
handguns.
BTW do you really think that if there were no AR 15s, there would be
no more school shootings? It is just that this is the most popular
rifle sold here.
And what happened to all of those AK-47s that were going to kill us
all 20 years ago? Do you think they disappeared? There are around 4-5
million of them here, 2 million added to the inventory during the
phony "ban" ("loophole" guns with a thumbhole stock). The AR people
just had a better marketing campaign and it is actually a superior
firearm. Once people got over all the myths and nam stories and got
those AKs in their hands they figured out they were **** but they can
still get a lot of lead downrange very fast.

I also noticed Columbine was not on your list. Those boys used 9mms (a
Tec 9 and a "tactical" rifle like Harry's) and shotguns.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 05:43 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

wrote:

John, I agree with you that the problem isn't really guns. All of them
can kill. The problem is more a mindset and fascination with military
type assault weapons. They are, by a wide margin, the weapon of choice
by these sick people.

It is just the most popular rifle sold in the US today, by a wide
margin. We still have more people killed with bare hands, feet fists
etc than all rifles combined so it is not really the major killer.

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

I tend to agree, particularly if you are talking about deer. In fact
most states won't let you use any .22 on a deer (actually thinking
about .22rf but it is how the law is written)
OTOH guys who shoot ground hogs seem to be OK with the .223.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 05:45 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:50:29 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Keyser Soze
wrote:

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

Well, the Vietnamese nickname for the m-16. It was called “Black Death” for some odd reason. Then again maybe it wasn’t used in the jungles, no?

Most Vietnamese were not as big as a deer ;-)
We also fired something like 10,000 rounds for every one we killed.

John H.[_5_] February 22nd 18 06:08 PM

wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age?

Not legally. "Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or
handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18.10 Federal law provides no minimum age for the
possession of long guns or long gun ammunition." Also, "Licensed dealers may not sell or deliver a
handgun or ammunition for a handgun to any person the dealer has reasonable cause to believe is
under age 21." Unlicensed persons may not sell, deliver or otherwise transfer a handgun or handgun
ammunition to any person the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under age 18,
with certain exceptions*.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-la...n/minimum-age/

Who is going to stop them?

Any law officer who sees the kid in possession of the handgun or other illegal firearm.

I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

In Virginia you can still buy a .22 from an unlicensed seller at any age, legally.

Keyser Soze February 22nd 18 06:09 PM

On 2/22/18 12:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:11:18 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

John, I agree with you that the problem isn't really guns. All of them
can kill. The problem is more a mindset and fascination with military
type assault weapons. They are, by a wide margin, the weapon of choice
by these sick people.

It is just the most popular rifle sold in the US today, by a wide
margin. We still have more people killed with bare hands, feet fists
etc than all rifles combined so it is not really the major killer.

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

I tend to agree, particularly if you are talking about deer. In fact
most states won't let you use any .22 on a deer (actually thinking
about .22rf but it is how the law is written)
OTOH guys who shoot ground hogs seem to be OK with the .223.

You'd think they'd want something bigger to take on those deadly,
dangerous ground hawgs.

Keyser Soze February 22nd 18 06:12 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On 2/22/18 9:50 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
wrote:

My hunter friends have told me it that in .223/5.56, it is a "lousy
choice" for a hunting rifle, especially in wooded/brush country.

Well, the Vietnamese nickname for the m-16. It was called “Black Death” for some odd reason. Then again maybe it wasn’t used in the jungles, no?

Are you aware of the reported number of rounds fired in those M-16's
compared to the number of hits? I don't recall the exact number of
rounds, but it was very, very high.

Bill[_12_] February 22nd 18 06:26 PM

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/22/18 12:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:11:18 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Or smaller. .17HMR.

Bill[_12_] February 22nd 18 06:26 PM

wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age? Who is going to stop them?
I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

I did not own / buy a firearm until I was married. Why buy, when dad had
any I wanted to use. As a kid, we would go to the government range in the
hills around the range master was a friend of my dad, and just use dad’s
guns. I was under 16, so my brother drove.

Tim February 22nd 18 06:32 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Keyser Soze
You'd think they'd want something bigger to take on those deadly,
dangerous ground hawgs.

A .22 LR works fine on them at 100 yards

Tim February 22nd 18 06:36 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

11:45
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:50:29 -0800 (PST), Tim
Most Vietnamese were not as big as a deer ;-)
We also fired something like 10,000 rounds for every one we killed.

That was due to full auto spray shooting. That invoked the 3 end. burst. Better aiming and conserve lead. Btw I’ve dropped many dear ( head shot) with .223.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 06:36 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:16:26 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Trump isn't capable of managing anything.

That makes us ask how he got so rich.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 06:38 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:08:12 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Who is going to stop them?

Any law officer who sees the kid in possession of the handgun or other illegal firearm.

How has that been working so far?

[email protected] February 22nd 18 06:40 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:09:40 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 2/22/18 12:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:11:18 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

They just want something flat shooting and a .223 is pretty good. It
is a whole lot cheaper to shoot than a 6.5 Creedmore.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 07:21 PM

wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age? Who is going to stop them?
I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

Fortunately, most parents I know personally have more smarts and a sense
of responsibility to allow their kids at any minor age to own guns.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 07:24 PM

wrote:

[...]

The source of the data I posted was specifically related to AR-15 type
weapons.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 07:51 PM

wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age? Who is going to stop them?
I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

I did not own / buy a firearm until I was married. Why buy, when dad had
any I wanted to use. As a kid, we would go to the government range in the
hills around the range master was a friend of my dad, and just use dad’s
guns. I was under 16, so my brother drove.

I never wanted a firearm while we were raising kids in the house. Never
wanted one, even after our home was broken into one day and items
stolen. I was never interested in hunting (still am not). I suppose if
we had lived in an area of the country where rifles and guns were a part
of life it may have been different.

I got a permit when I opened the guitar shop at the suggestion of my
lawyer friend because I often carried large amounts of cash on me and
the shop was often visited by people unknown to me and sometimes acting
strangely. I remember the day the lawyer made his recommendation. He
happened to be in the shop when it was visited by a couple of guys. One
stayed in the parking lot in their car with the engine running. The
other came in, sorta scoped out the place but left when several other
"regulars" showed up.

After I received the permit I joined a club with a shooting range and
went often. Bought several various revolvers, pistols and rifles but
after a while I got tired of shooting holes in paper targets. Still
have a .22 Ruger rifle, a shotgun, a revolver and three pistols but I'll
probably get rid of all but the revolver and one pistol soon. Rarely
carry and I just don't have much interest in them.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 08:25 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:36:06 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I’ve dropped many dear ( head shot) with .223

I bet that thought keeps your wife in line ;-)
I bet you meant deer

Tim February 22nd 18 08:42 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

2:25
wrote:

I’ve dropped many dear ( head shot) with .223

I bet that thought keeps your wife in line ;-)
I bet you meant deer

Courtesy of auto-correct, I’d say your right.🙄

[email protected] February 22nd 18 08:45 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

wrote:

Here's a weird one. In Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, a
15 year old can legally purchase and own a long gun with his/her
parent's permission.

If the parents are OK with it, can't a kid have any gun they want at
any age? Who is going to stop them?
I had my first shotgun at 14-15 when I started to hunt but I had a .22
for years before that. I suppose technically it was my dad's, handed
down from my grandfather but I had free access to it and they sold
ammo at the 7-11.

Fortunately, most parents I know personally have more smarts and a sense
of responsibility to allow their kids at any minor age to own guns.

That is Acela corridor thinking again and big city thinking at that.
In the early 60s hunting was a thing most of my friends did before
they could drive and this was just outside of DC in PG county.
Like I said, the 7-11 sold shotgun shells and .22s
I am sure that sounds strange today but you could walk in the woods
all the way from the DC line behind Eastover shopping center and
Forest Heights to the river, down past where National Harbor is now
and never see a thing but woods. That was 4 or 5 square miles
contiguous with the woods behind my house before they built the
interstate. Typically we did not really do much hunting east of 210
but there were some good quail and rabbit fields before you got there,
pretty much where the right of way for I-495 is now. West of 210 there
was just about anything you could expect to find in Maryland.
The strange thing is there is still a pretty big undeveloped parcel
down there right now.

[email protected] February 22nd 18 08:46 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

wrote:

[...]

.... and you ignored the ones that did not fit your rant. Are you sure
you are not a Democrat?

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 09:02 PM

On 2/22/2018 3:46 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:24:15 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No Greg. I simply searched for what type of firearm is used most often
in these mass shootings. The answer is the AK-15 look a-likes.

Question for you and I don't mean to be personal so no need to answer if
you don't want to. I can't remember. Do you have kids?

[email protected] February 22nd 18 09:08 PM

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:02:35 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/22/2018 3:46 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:24:15 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A daughter and yes I kept my guns locked up. In Maryland, no kids I
bet my ex still has her 1100 under the bed and loaded with 6.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 22nd 18 09:11 PM

On 2/22/2018 3:45 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:21:01 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There are plenty people who hunt in Massachusetts and the areas we've
lived in are probably more heavily wooded than your experience in
Maryland. The last house I lived in with my parents as a kid was
surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of woods and undeveloped land.

I still don't know of any parent I know who would allow a minor child to
have his/her very own gun. BB guns, yes. Firearms ... no.