Default Interesting statistic

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

Perhaps Trump can recruit kids from those "********" countries he hates.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

On 2/20/2018 8:08 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

I wonder how many high schoolers who aren't from well-off families opt
for a continuation of their education in 2-year community colleges,
rather than opt for the military. Two-year colleges seem to be growing
in popularity and enrollment.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:24:57 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/20/2018 8:08 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

I bet that is particularly true at the college level.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:01:26 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 2/20/18 7:41 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

Perhaps Trump can recruit kids from those "********" countries he hates.

.... or just reinstate the draft.

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

Probably. Forgot the word they used.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:52:37 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

Teacher's unions do everything they can to avoid testing for actual
achievement.

A little bit interesting... John H.[_4_] General 4 May 21st 08 07:05 PM
Sewage pump out statistic Roger Long Cruising 12 July 4th 06 02:55 AM
A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
Interesting take on 911. Capt. Rob ASA 8 May 6th 06 02:54 AM
Interesting take on 911. Capt. JG ASA 2 May 4th 06 04:14 PM