BoatBanter.com

-   -   Interesting statistic (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/178117-interesting-statistic.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 20th 18 12:41 PM

Interesting statistic

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

Keyser Soze February 20th 18 01:01 PM

Interesting statistic

Perhaps Trump can recruit kids from those "********" countries he hates.

John H.[_5_] February 20th 18 01:08 PM

Interesting statistic

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 20th 18 02:24 PM

Interesting statistic

On 2/20/2018 8:08 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Keyser Soze February 20th 18 02:52 PM

Interesting statistic

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

Keyser Soze February 20th 18 02:55 PM

Interesting statistic

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

I wonder how many high schoolers who aren't from well-off families opt
for a continuation of their education in 2-year community colleges,
rather than opt for the military. Two-year colleges seem to be growing
in popularity and enrollment.

[email protected] February 20th 18 02:58 PM

Interesting statistic

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:24:57 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 2/20/2018 8:08 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:41:39 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

I bet that is particularly true at the college level.

[email protected] February 20th 18 02:59 PM

Interesting statistic

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:01:26 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 2/20/18 7:41 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

Perhaps Trump can recruit kids from those "********" countries he hates.

.... or just reinstate the draft.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 20th 18 04:03 PM

Interesting statistic

wrote:

Just heard that 75 percent of young people today are not eligible for
military service for various reasons including physical condition, lack
of education, drugs, felony convictions, etc.

Serious reflection of the times we live in.

About 30% can't pass the AFQT. Wow. That is some dumbing down of our
education right there.

https://0.tqn.com/z/g/usgovinfo/libr...e_to_serve.pdf

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

Probably. Forgot the word they used.

[email protected] February 20th 18 06:38 PM

Interesting statistic

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:52:37 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

And those who do serve score higher than the national average for
educational standards.

Do you possibly mean "the national average for educational achievement"?

Teacher's unions do everything they can to avoid testing for actual
achievement.