Default Don will be pleased ...

.... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning. It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally. If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 08:21:30 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning. It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally. If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

Mother Earth thanks you and she'd thank you even more if you switched to a block heater and battery blanket.
One thing you have to be aware of...one cold morning my wife took off while the RAV4 was still wired to the house. I remembered that I had plugged in the block heater and ran out to tell her...but it was too late. Found the extension cord out in the middle of the street. It was the typw with the little locking switch to hold onto the grill cord so I ended up having to buy and install that special cord that connects to the clock heater.

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 11:23:43 UTC-4, True North wrote:
[...]

D'oh... that should be 'type' and 'block'.

On 1/7/18 7:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning.Â* It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally.Â* If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

It was a balmy 6F when I got up this morning. My half-bro in the New
Haven area reported in with a -4F in his suburb. The cats, who usually
are at the windows chirping with the birds in the early morning, are
burrowed in with my wife.

On 1/7/2018 10:26 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/7/18 7:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning.Â* It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally.Â* If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

It was a balmy 6F when I got up this morning. My half-bro in the New
Haven area reported in with a -4F in his suburb. The cats, who usually
are at the windows chirping with the birds in the early morning, are
burrowed in with my wife.

We are all so much looking forward to later this week when it is
forecast to get up near 50. It may rain, but that's fine. It will wash
all the concrete-like snow/ice off the roads and driveways after it
melts. The rock salt that was spread doesn't touch it because it's too
cold to activate.

This has been a bitch of a winter ... temp-wise. Can't remember it ever
being so cold for so long.

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 11:26:37 UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/7/18 7:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning.Â* It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally.Â* If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

It was a balmy 6F when I got up this morning. My half-bro in the New
Haven area reported in with a -4F in his suburb. The cats, who usually
are at the windows chirping with the birds in the early morning, are
burrowed in with my wife.

Minus 17 C here this morning. Now it's a relatively balmy minus 12 C. Will probably take the dog to the local off leash park for some R & R. He seems to be getting a bit restless.

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 11:32:18 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Trouble is our winter drags out so long. We have another two and a half months to endure and most of our old weather and snowfall comes between now and spring. (which seems to come late).

True North Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 7 January 2018 11:26:37 UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/7/18 7:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning. It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally. If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

It was a balmy 6F when I got up this morning. My half-bro in the New
Haven area reported in with a -4F in his suburb. The cats, who usually
are at the windows chirping with the birds in the early morning, are
burrowed in with my wife.

Minus 17 C here this morning. Now it's a relatively balmy minus 12 C. Will probably take the dog to the local off leash park for some R & R. He seems to be getting a bit restless.

Please translate 17 c and 12 c to the f scale which is the
American standard.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 07:25:22 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

D'oh... that should be 'type' and 'block'.

I was wondering. Jeez it must really be cold up there if the clocks
are freezing. ;-)

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 10:32:12 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

I am not sure if it is true but I heard once that 0 F is when brine
freezes. I can guarantee sea water will freeze because we saw plenty
of that in the North Atlantic. Any part of the ship that was not
internally heated from inside was covered with ice. Usually the decks
were OK, just because there was no insulation and we kept the inside
pretty warm. Once you got out on the wings of the bridge or anywhere
else that was open on both sides it was 2" of ice or more.