Gould 0738

Default Preliminarily pleased with the boat shop........

On the advice of my Perkins guru, I had my boat towed to Granville Marine in
Anacortes.

What a personable and helpful bunch of folks.

The owner used to run another well-known repair yard in Anacortes, and when he
left several top people went with him to open the new facility.

While I have to admit I'd never heard of this outfit, it's easy to see why the
Seattle
dealer recommended them. I called for a progress report today, and the owner
took the time to get on the phone and explain in clear and complete detail just
what steps have been taken so far.

The best recommendation of all could have been from the ice cream vendor.
The wife returned to Seattle by sea plane and drove to Anacortes to pick me up
at the conclusion of the tow. While waiting for her to arrive, I bought an ice
cream from a guy in a three-wheeled scooter. He asked, "Are you having your
boat fixed here? If so, you picked a good place. I've sold ice cream all
through the industrial area here for several years, and everybody is impressed
with the group of guys that have come together here to form this company."

I'll report whether my initial impression proves out in the end.

Doug Kanter

It's pretty amazing when you find a company like that. My auto mechanics are
that way. When I recommend them to friends, they don't believe they're as
good as I say they are, because the average of their experiences with
mechanics has ranged from hideous to "just kinda OK".

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

jps

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
On the advice of my Perkins guru, I had my boat towed to Granville Marine

in
Anacortes.

What a personable and helpful bunch of folks.

I imagine Karen will be making her way here pretty quick. You're spruikin'
for a bleedin' ad for your boatin' rag arentcha?

Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Gould 0738

Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Looks likely. I got the non-binding estimate to remove and replace the engine
today. Close to $7k. About what I expected. Now, if only that included any
portion of the engine itself!

Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Looks likely. I got the non-binding estimate to remove and replace the engine
today. Close to $7k. About what I expected. Now, if only that included any
portion of the engine itself!

How many hours of work does that entail? Or, perhaps I should ask, how
much of your boat has to come apart for engine removal?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Gould 0738

How many hours of work does that entail? Or, perhaps I should ask, how
much of your boat has to come apart for engine removal?

The engine has never been out of my boat.
Jack Sarin, the NA, designed for this particular situation.

There is a double wide hatch in the floor of the salon, but the starboard side
of the hatch is under the U-shaped settee for the dinette. Access to the engine
room is down through the port side of the hatch.
The center ine of the hatch is directly over the keel, and the center of the
engine.

The forward leg of the settee has a "seam" in it. Removing the joinery inboard
of this seam and the raised portion of the cabin sole that supports the legs of
the dinette table allows access to the starboard portion of the hatch. It also
clears a path between the engine hatch and the starboard pilothouse door,
suitable for the insertion of a cherry picker and the withdrawl of the engine.

While the engine is out, I'm going to have the tanks inspected very carefully.
If they are in any way suspect, then out they come. At $7k to partially
disassemble the boat, remove the engine, reinstall the engine, and rebuild the
interior......I don't want to do this again in a few years when (or if) the
fuel tanks give out.
Harry Krause

K Smith wrote:

Gould 0738 wrote:
Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Looks likely. I got the non-binding estimate to remove and replace the engine
today. Close to $7k. About what I expected. Now, if only that included any
portion of the engine itself!

Wow I know that's just the going rate & make no comment on the people
but it just seems like such a lot of money.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. How would *you* know, one way or the other?
It's not as if you do that kind of work and know what to charge for it.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

K Smith

Gould 0738 wrote:
Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Looks likely. I got the non-binding estimate to remove and replace the engine
today. Close to $7k. About what I expected. Now, if only that included any
portion of the engine itself!

Wow I know that's just the going rate & make no comment on the people
but it just seems like such a lot of money.

Anyway good luck & please keep us informed even if your reports aren't
good:-)

K Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
K Smith wrote:

Gould 0738 wrote:

Sure is good to run across a well-run outfit. Is Pacific Diesel going to do
the rebuild for you?

jps

Looks likely. I got the non-binding estimate to remove and replace the engine
today. Close to $7k. About what I expected. Now, if only that included any
portion of the engine itself!

Wow I know that's just the going rate & make no comment on the people
but it just seems like such a lot of money.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. How would *you* know, one way or the other?
It's not as if you do that kind of work and know what to charge for it.

How would I know?? gee there's lots of ways, but I guess what you in
your uneducated manner really want to ask is; why would my On Topic
comment even be allowed in a public NG, yes??? I mean I've never made
"claims" certainly don't intend to start now, however I'm more than
happy to have my NG performance reviewed, it's all in the archives for
anyone who wants to check & I actively invite same.

Gee lets see just few to wet your appetite hey???

I was able to educate the OMC dealers as to how their own engines
actually worked to control idle speed?? Even some that claimed a life
time working on them (seems OMC never bothered to tell them:-)) Took a
while but was finally proven correct on all grounds.

I was able to warn the group that a few of the them were lying about
their knowledge, so called training & their BS about dealer markups.
Took a while but was finally proven correct on all grounds.

I was able to well in advance predict Ficht & to a lesser extent
Optimax wouldn't work & gave detailed reasons why, even though the lying
dealers & you were screaming your heads off to the contrary. Took a long
while but was finally proven correct on all grounds.

I was able to show that another of your lying mates who claimed to be a
marine diesel engineer didn't even have the faintest clue as to how a
marine diesel operates, didn't even know that diesels advance the
injection timing as the revs rise. Took no time at all & proven correct
on all grounds.

So accept what I say or no, I don't care & never have. However I do
post so what I say is on the record.

But my greatest service to the group thus far is to alert people that
you are a liar who does not own a boat & never has, who has concocted
endless lies over the years to pretend you are something you clearly are
not. Your lies are not "harmless" indeed your lies have cost many from
rec. boats real money in buying defective motors from your dealer mates
& of course your real life stalking of female NG members was the final
confirmation of the actual danger you are.

I did post abridged summaries of your lies which of course you could
never deny, however being the liar you are you did try once, just once
to deny you ever even posted some of them.Oops that reminds me you
didn't answer the other day (liars rarely do when caught yet again:-))
but are you now saying the pic you put up as your Hatt 43 was indeed
"your" Hatt 43?? you know convertible, corinthian leather etc etc I
mean when it was disclosed as a fake from a website you said it was a
pic of a "sistership", just out of interest which is it???

Your current lies about the 36 ft lobster boat & the Parker are
following your standard pattern lots of BS about it but no actual owners
info, just more of the crap you gather from the web about recalls
updates etc etc , you're a sick liar.

Harry Krause

K Smith wrote:

How would I know?? gee there's lots of ways, but I guess what you in
your uneducated manner really want to ask is; why would my On Topic
comment even be allowed in a public NG, yes???

No, what I asked was, how would you know whether the price Gould was
quoted was good, bad or indifferent? You posted another thousand words,
but didn't respond to the question, eh?

I was able to educate the OMC dealers as to how their own engines
actually worked to control idle speed??

The OMC dealers? Who and how many? You mean one of the two that posted
here? And how do you know they weren't just stringing you along? Many of
us do.

I was able to warn the group that a few of the them were lying about
their knowledge, so called training & their BS about dealer markups.
Took a while but was finally proven correct on all grounds.

No, you weren't.

I was able to well in advance predict Ficht & to a lesser extent
Optimax wouldn't work

Both FICHT and OPTIMAX seem to be working. I didn't follow the FICHT
wars closely, but I encountered few Opti owners with problems. Certainly
no higher a percentage than Yamaha had with its evolutionary two stroke
outboards.

& gave detailed reasons why, even though the lying
dealers & you were screaming your heads off to the contrary. Took a long
while but was finally proven correct on all grounds.

Bull.

I was able to show that another of your lying mates who claimed to be a
marine diesel engineer didn't even have the faintest clue as to how a
marine diesel operates,

Actually, he slammed you to the mat so many times and so hard, I was
amazed you came back in here, if we are talking about the same fellow.

But my greatest service to the group thus far is to alert people that
you are a liar who does not own a boat & never has,

Uh-huh.

Got credentials? Didn't think so.

* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.