Gould 0738

Default Preliminarily pleased with the boat shop........

On the advice of my Perkins guru, I had my boat towed to Granville Marine in
Anacortes.

What a personable and helpful bunch of folks.

The owner used to run another well-known repair yard in Anacortes, and when he
left several top people went with him to open the new facility.

While I have to admit I'd never heard of this outfit, it's easy to see why the
Seattle
dealer recommended them. I called for a progress report today, and the owner
took the time to get on the phone and explain in clear and complete detail just
what steps have been taken so far.

The best recommendation of all could have been from the ice cream vendor.
The wife returned to Seattle by sea plane and drove to Anacortes to pick me up
at the conclusion of the tow. While waiting for her to arrive, I bought an ice
cream from a guy in a three-wheeled scooter. He asked, "Are you having your
boat fixed here? If so, you picked a good place. I've sold ice cream all
through the industrial area here for several years, and everybody is impressed
with the group of guys that have come together here to form this company."

I'll report whether my initial impression proves out in the end.