Default Don will be pleased ...

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 13:16:00 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:12 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 11:41:55 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 7 January 2018 11:26:37 UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/7/18 7:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... to know that I discovered something about the remote start in my
truck this morning. It only allows two, 10 minute cycles using the
remote without putting the key in or starting the truck normally. If
you attempt a third remote start cycle it won't start the truck.

It was a balmy 6F when I got up this morning. My half-bro in the New
Haven area reported in with a -4F in his suburb. The cats, who usually
are at the windows chirping with the birds in the early morning, are
burrowed in with my wife.

Minus 17 C here this morning. Now it's a relatively balmy minus 12 C.. Will probably take the dog to the local off leash park for some R & R. He seems to be getting a bit restless.

Please translate 17 c and 12 c to the f scale which is the
American standard.

===

-17C = 1.4F
-12C = 10.4F

https://www.google.com/search?q=celsius+to+fahrenheit&rlz=1C1AWUA_enUS755 US755&oq=celsius&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.8308j0j8&s ourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

weird. It's warmer (by a degree) in Halifax, NS than it is here on the
south shore of Massachusetts.

Yup...lots of times your snow amounts and cold can exceed ours. The ocean really does moderate us. On the other hand you see spring at least a month before us..and we're not that far away as the crow flies. BTW no snow or ice to be found here...either in our harbour or on our streets, sidewalks, lawns etc. fresh water ponds and lakes are another matter.
It's almost silly...nothing but over saturation of rock salt on our sidewalks. hard on the dogs paws.

True North wrote:
On Sunday, 7 January 2018 12:41:53 UTC-4, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
[...]

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

How about the civilized world standard...which is the metric system.
Y'all sure do like to hang onto your archaic standards.

You come from a background where Wentworth was a bolt size.

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 03:51:59 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

True North wrote:

How about the civilized world standard...which is the metric system.
Y'all sure do like to hang onto your archaic standards.

You come from a background where Wentworth was a bolt size.

"BA" too I imagine but they moved away from the English system, a
while ago as did the English. ... but then the English moved away from
a lot of what they had 75 years ago.