Default Something other than Krause Krap

The Ruger Mini 14 is lots of fun to shoot, even though I can't quite see the rear sight when doing
so. To assist in the shooting endeavor, I bought a scope to mount on the rifle. The rifle comes with
a Picatinny rail, predrilled and tapped holes, screws and scope rings, so mounting the scope should
be no problem.

Here's the problem. With the rail attached, I spent about a half hour trying to remove the bolt for
cleaning. No luck. Finally dismounted the rail and then had no problem. So, I went online looking
for some help in how to do this. I've yet to find a solution other than the one I used, or the
'leave it dirty' solution.

I did come across this youtube video which proved interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoegJvVR368

I reckon I'm not the only one feeling a bit frustrated.
Tim Tim is offline

John H
The Ruger Mini 14 is lots of fun to shoot, even though I can't quite see the rear sight when doing
so. To assist in the shooting endeavor, I bought a scope to mount on the rifle. The rifle comes with
a Picatinny rail, predrilled and tapped holes, screws and scope rings, so mounting the scope should
be no problem.

Here's the problem. With the rail attached, I spent about a half hour trying to remove the bolt for
cleaning. No luck. Finally dismounted the rail and then had no problem. So, I went online looking
for some help in how to do this. I've yet to find a solution other than the one I used, or the
'leave it dirty' solution.

I did come across this youtube video which proved interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoegJvVR368

I reckon I'm not the only one feeling a bit frustrated.

Yknow that’s something I haven’t messed with. My ranch rifle was the old style with the flimsy, tin, fold down, peep sight- made to clear the scope that was mounted on it when I got it. I’ve pulled the entire mechanism out of the stock to clean it but never disassembled the receiver. But I can understand the frustration of having to pull the scope to disassemble the entire mechanism, then have to possibly Re-sight the scope upon remounting it.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 12:40:40 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

John H
[...]

In the forums some of the guys indicate they just never clean the bolt, etc. They clean the barrel,
wipe down what they can get to, and keep on chugging.

Oh well!

YO KRAUSE! Poco Deplorevole General 18 February 9th 17 02:43 PM
Come on krause?? JustWait[_2_] General 9 December 14th 12 08:21 PM
Today - More Krause Krap John H.[_5_] General 2 August 10th 12 02:04 PM
Forgot...More Krause Krap John H.[_5_] General 1 August 10th 12 02:01 PM
Modern Definitions - More Krause Krap John H.[_5_] General 1 August 9th 12 02:12 PM