Tim Tim is offline

Default Something other than Krause Krap

John H
The Ruger Mini 14 is lots of fun to shoot, even though I can't quite see the rear sight when doing
so. To assist in the shooting endeavor, I bought a scope to mount on the rifle. The rifle comes with
a Picatinny rail, predrilled and tapped holes, screws and scope rings, so mounting the scope should
be no problem.

Here's the problem. With the rail attached, I spent about a half hour trying to remove the bolt for
cleaning. No luck. Finally dismounted the rail and then had no problem. So, I went online looking
for some help in how to do this. I've yet to find a solution other than the one I used, or the
'leave it dirty' solution.

I did come across this youtube video which proved interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoegJvVR368

I reckon I'm not the only one feeling a bit frustrated.

Yknow that’s something I haven’t messed with. My ranch rifle was the old style with the flimsy, tin, fold down, peep sight- made to clear the scope that was mounted on it when I got it. I’ve pulled the entire mechanism out of the stock to clean it but never disassembled the receiver. But I can understand the frustration of having to pull the scope to disassemble the entire mechanism, then have to possibly Re-sight the scope upon remounting it.