Default This should help the discipline problem in DC schools!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c3a_story.html

"Black students are nearly seven times more likely to be suspended than their white peers, the
report found. More than 10 percent of black students in the city’s schools were suspended at least
once, compared with fewer than 1 percent of white students."

I'm sure that this is all due to racial bias on the part of the union teachers in DC, but do they
really think this will help the discipline problems. All it will do is keep the troublemakers in the
classroom interfering even more with what learning may take place.

Unreal.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 16:28:53 -0500, John H
wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c3a_story.html

"Black students are nearly seven times more likely to be suspended than their white peers, the
report found. More than 10 percent of black students in the city’s schools were suspended at least
once, compared with fewer than 1 percent of white students."

I'm sure that this is all due to racial bias on the part of the union teachers in DC, but do they
really think this will help the discipline problems. All it will do is keep the troublemakers in the
classroom interfering even more with what learning may take place.

Unreal.

The real problem is we have nothing between "kicked out of school" and
prison. When they try to address the issue the demographics are so
slanted that it gets called discrimination.
Montgomery County even tried to throw more money at the problem and
create special education programs for "at risk" students but they got
sued over it because of the racial makeup of the classes.
So we will continue to have a mostly black prison population and
grinding poverty in that community just to be "fair".

wrote:

[...]

No parent in his right mind would want his kids in the Washington
DC public school system.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Guards at schools Salmonbait[_2_] General 0 January 30th 13 10:23 PM
The problem with Government Schools Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_4_] General 2 February 1st 09 03:15 PM
ASA vs US Sailing schools Matt Majka ASA 4 July 25th 07 03:08 AM
Annapolis Schools etc. Michael ASA 1 August 26th 04 04:39 AM
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. Veronica Power Boat Racing 0 February 9th 04 10:34 PM