Default How will major media criticize this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump saidabout the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

I think the focus is only on the opioids right now.

"Since 1999, the number of American overdose deaths involving opioids has quadrupled. From 2000 to
2015, more than 500,000 people died of drug overdoses, and opioids account for the majority of
those."

I knew the stats were bad, but I didn't realize they were that bad.

I'm glad to see some F'ing Progressive Liberal has come up with some negative to say about Trump's
declaration.

"Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy, a member of the President's commission on opioid addiction, told CNN
on Wednesday that he worries the President and his administration are using the opioid epidemic for
photo ops."

Madcow will probably have more to say, although I've never listened to her. Maybe Luddite will give
us the word.

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

===

The war on drugs doesn't work, just like prohibition didn't work, and
for the same reason - demand was there and suppliers will always step
into the breach. Just like alchohol, the solution will be
legalization, taxation and control. It will also solve a huge crime
problem. It's not a perfect solution but better than what we are
doing now because it will put dealers, distributors, drug gangs and
smugglers out of business. Users will still get addicted and over
dose but that's happening now.

---
http://www.avg.com

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

They really need to look at the medical practitioners who got these
people hooked in the first place

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

They really need to look at the medical practitioners who got these
people hooked in the first place

They may be easier to go after than the folks bringing drugs across the border.

John H Wrote in message:
[...]

Sorry. I can only stomach about 30 seconds of her at a time.

John H Wrote in message:
[...]

I've heard talk recently of a vaccine being developed to combat opioid
addiction.

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not
progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

They really need to look at the medical practitioners who got these
people hooked in the first place

They may be easier to go after than the folks bringing drugs across the border.

Has not worked for more than 50years.

On 10/26/17 10:35 AM, justan wrote:
John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

Looks like President Empathy is just going to not solve the crisis by
re-allocating funds. If only there was a better way for some of his
buddies to make big bucks over getting folks off opioids, eh?