Default Speaking of pellets

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:51:51 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 3:43:24 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 11:00:14 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 12:28:33 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
I am considering a pellet grill. Looking at Traegers and Cabellas. Anyone own and used one? Any
advice?

Look at Memphis. I have one, and love it.

The controller is important. Some are easy to use and other are a pain. Read some review on the forums, not Amazon. Here's an informative site:

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/smokers/pellet_smokers.html

Good luck!

Bought the Traeger Tailgater the other day. Grilled a turkey on it yesterday. Came out fantastic.
Got a good deal - $360, including the cover and shelf. Hardware store had it on display. I didn't
even have to assemble the thing!

Very good! A whole chicken is good, too. We use olive oil, minced garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, and lemon juice to coat it. Stuff a couple of the lemon halves inside.

Just wait until you do some 321 ribs. Google it.

Went through a lot of butter, sage, and thyme on the turkey. I've done the 321 ribs on the old
smoker. They got a bit dry. Will try cutting the time by about an hour overall.

Next big experiment will be a brisket. Haven't done one yet.

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 4:35:00 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
[...]

The big problem with non-pellet smokers is heat control. They vary wildly, but the pellet grill maintains tight control on temp, better than your oven. I usually reduce stage 2 to about 1:40-1:45, and then stage 1 to about 30-45 minutes. Add a mop of apple juice to the ribs before they go into the foil.

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:13:53 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

[...]

Sounds good. Will pick up some ribs next time I'm in Costco. Had hamburgers, 1/2 pounders, last
night. Fanastic.

Speaking of the IRS John H[_2_] General 4 June 11th 13 06:05 PM
And speaking of... F.O.A.D. General 10 February 24th 13 07:32 PM
Speaking of... Tom Francis - SWSports General 21 December 10th 08 01:23 PM
Speaking of Put-In-Bay............. JimH[_2_] General 2 August 4th 08 04:44 AM
Speaking of XP... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 0 April 15th 08 01:25 AM