Default update from Estero

Cool the eye wall just went over us and so far so good. I lost some
screen panels but the cage is OK. The trees took a beating tho. One
fichus tree needed killing and I did not want to pay $500 for a hort
dumpster so I guess Lee County will haul it away for free if I can
drag it out to the curb. Now I am waiting to see how the surge works
out. Broke out the single barrel bourbon about the time the eye wall
came in.
Harry will be happy that the tiki bars are OK.
I have pix and video but I will need to get power to the router to see
if my DSL is up. It has not been by first priority
I am still happy I have a landline tho. Dial up Greg out

On Sunday, 10 September 2017 18:58:43 UTC-3, wrote:
Cool the eye wall just went over us and so far so good. I lost some
screen panels but the cage is OK. The trees took a beating tho. One
fichus tree needed killing and I did not want to pay $500 for a hort
dumpster so I guess Lee County will haul it away for free if I can
drag it out to the curb. Now I am waiting to see how the surge works
out. Broke out the single barrel bourbon about the time the eye wall
came in.
Harry will be happy that the tiki bars are OK.
I have pix and video but I will need to get power to the router to see
if my DSL is up. It has not been by first priority
I am still happy I have a landline tho. Dial up Greg out

Good news! Glad to hear it.

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 18:20:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/10/2017 5:59 PM, wrote:
Cool the eye wall just went over us and so far so good. I lost some
screen panels but the cage is OK. The trees took a beating tho. One
fichus tree needed killing and I did not want to pay $500 for a hort
dumpster so I guess Lee County will haul it away for free if I can
drag it out to the curb. Now I am waiting to see how the surge works
out. Broke out the single barrel bourbon about the time the eye wall
came in.
Harry will be happy that the tiki bars are OK.
I have pix and video but I will need to get power to the router to see
if my DSL is up. It has not been by first priority
I am still happy I have a landline tho. Dial up Greg out

That's good news. I was watching some of the nuts on the Weather
Channel standing in the eyewall and then the eye as it passed over
Naples and was thinking about how you would fare as it moved a bit more
north. It veered more easterly as it left Naples which may have spared
you from the worst of the strong, upper right side quadrant.

We got around 11 o'clock (position) on the eye if 0000 was the
direction of travel. Still pretty exciting. I was running a video
camera as the eye went over but I have not processed it yet. I am on
the generator now but I am just running off cords. I want to wait
until the storm is gone to connect it to the house hookup because that
is exposed. I am hoping FPL will get me going pretty soon tho. This
generator is thirsty.

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 18:38:34 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 17:59:55 -0400, wrote:

Cool the eye wall just went over us and so far so good. I lost some
screen panels but the cage is OK. The trees took a beating tho. One
fichus tree needed killing and I did not want to pay $500 for a hort
dumpster so I guess Lee County will haul it away for free if I can
drag it out to the curb. Now I am waiting to see how the surge works
out. Broke out the single barrel bourbon about the time the eye wall
came in.
Harry will be happy that the tiki bars are OK.
I have pix and video but I will need to get power to the router to see
if my DSL is up. It has not been by first priority
I am still happy I have a landline tho. Dial up Greg out

===

Great news, any roof problems?

Nope, my compliments to Robert Weinmeister Roofing. My 16 year old
roof did not lose a shingle.
Screen cage not so much. I lost 5 screen panels but no structural
issues. My solar collectors took a ride but they were bad anyway. I
was planning on replacing them before winter. Trees really took a
beating. That is a good news bad news joke. The coconut that was here
when I moved here broke and fell
The one on the left. The one on the middle has a meal lean to it but I
think it will be OK
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/my%20palm%202016.jpg
Unfortunately it landed on the one on the right.
I won't know how bad it is until I get it all cleared out.
We have a few days of chain saw work coming. That big fichus is not so
big anymore I think I may have another 50 cu/yard haul away when Lee
County comes around. I hope they do the trailer and claw truck thing
so I don't need to cut it up smaller than I can drag with the truck. I
have been wanting that gone anyway and I bet before it is over there
won't have been any of it spared by the storm ;-)
I also lost a few big limbs from the sea grape and the bamboo is
everywhere. It may take a day or two just to figure out what all is
gone.

On 9/10/2017 10:46 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 18:20:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/10/2017 5:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Glad you made it without any major damage to your house. Wilma was my
first experience going through the eye wall and then part of the eye.
Your're right. It gets exciting, especially when you are in a stick
house. The one we had in Jupiter was built post Andrew though and was
built to 150 mph wind codes. Only damage was a few concrete roof
shingles that time. It was much worse during one of the earlier
hurricanes (Charlie or Francis - can't remember which one) because the
doors blew open and the interior got soaked. We weren't there for that
one but fortunately our neighbors got a contractor to come in
immediately. He ripped up all the upstairs carpeting, cut out any wet
sheetrock and got the place dried out in a hurry. Never had to deal
with mold, etc.

Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:37:02 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/10/2017 10:46 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 18:20:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/10/2017 5:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

I've never been through a hurricane but have a tornado. When they say it sounds liker a freight train coming right through your living room, they mean it.

Estero River in the News Wayne.B General 37 July 18th 16 12:36 PM
Ping: gfretwell - Estero River Wayne.B General 10 March 8th 09 05:15 PM
update Paul Oman Boat Building 0 June 20th 08 06:37 PM
Boat Explodes and Burns in Estero Bay Wayne.B General 1 November 12th 07 04:36 AM
"26 Again" update FamilySailor ASA 3 August 20th 04 08:44 PM