Default On the hunt.

We are getting serious about finding a dog. I have been pounding the
internet and all of the adoption agencies around here. I was down at
the Collier pound looking at Cosmo today but we were not in love.
http://tinyurl.com/ycsvoopf
He seems to be a nice dog but I suspect he spent a lot of time on the
street. I also still think I want another lab.

I am going down tomorrow to look at 3 puppies but I am not sure we
have a puppy in us.
http://tinyurl.com/y7rrzpsr
http://tinyurl.com/yc7bssx9
http://tinyurl.com/y7d5uam8

My guess is these may all be litter mates (along with a couple others
at this shelter) who were surrendered by a lab breeder who had a bitch
that was out dating. I suppose it is encouraging that they were not
just drown.

I still have Lab Rescue looking for an adult for us but nothing has
turned up closer than WPB or Tampa. There is also a place on the cape
that specializes in big dogs and we have then on the list too.

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:53:27 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Those are all great looking little guys. I like Fudge Swirl the best. Are any of them house broke?
That would be nice.

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:51:41 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

I still have Lab Rescue looking for an adult for us but nothing has
turned up closer than WPB or Tampa. There is also a place on the cape
that specializes in big dogs and we have then on the list too.

===

We have friends who are well connected with dog rescue in the Cape,
not sure which organization. We'll be home in a few days and can
contact them if you'd like.

We may already be talking to them if they are on the internet but we
appreciate all the help we can get. I am still not sure we are ready
to deal with a puppy. I would really like an adult who has learned
house manners.
That was the main reason we did not bring Cosmo home with us. He seems
to be a street dog than may end up being a runner who does not
understand living in the house. It is pretty hard to know from 15
minutes at the pound but I did not get the same feeling I had with
Auggie and Ed.

The English Pointer we have now was a runner when we got her. Big pain in the ass having to chase
the dog down. A couple times, at campgrounds, I gave up on her. But, she came back or was captured
by someone. Now she is living with a torn CCL in both rear stifles. She couldn't run if she wanted,
although I'm sure she thinks she can. It brings tears to my eyes just watching her trying to get up
from a lying down position.

wrote:

[...]

Ed had a running problem too and chasing him was counter productive.
We used his fear of loud noises to our advantage. If I lobbed a bottle
rocket in the air, he was standing next to me as fast as he could get
there. After we figured that out, his running pretty much stopped. He
decided that every time he ran, someone would take a shot at him and
there was a cookie waiting for him back home. He finally got to the
point that he would impulsively take off when the garage door opened
but he stopped at the end of the driveway and came back. Then he just
ignored open doors. I could walk with him off leash.
I suspect he used to get the **** beat out of him when he wandered
away from one (maybe both) of the families that adopted him from the
pound in the 3 months before I got him. He was a 3 time loser, on
death row.
I think the first time he was surrendered it was over money or people
moving into a place where they couldn't keep him. My vet said someone
spent a lot of money on him, years ago based on indications of
surgery.

The hunt goes on Justan Olphart[_2_] General 42 May 16th 16 11:27 PM
That pig cannot hunt Actual Boater General 0 September 17th 08 03:01 PM
OT : That Dog Don't Hunt thunder General 30 October 20th 04 03:09 PM
(OT) The fox hunt Jim General 31 July 15th 04 06:13 PM
Sea Hunt 172 1998 stevec General 0 January 22nd 04 07:02 AM