thunder

Default OT : That Dog Don't Hunt

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 01:37:50 -0400, thunder
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

Poodles have, and still do have in fact, a great reputation as a water
dog and retriever. You just don't see a lot of them doing it.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodlehist.htm

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Jim

The lesson of this election cycle is that there are no facts. If
someone wants to write a book that makes false charges, if the false
charges serve a purpose, they will be spread further.

No one, except for Jon Stewart and "The Daily Show" will speak the truth.

Sad that we have to look to Comedy Central for the truth.
thunder wrote:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

basskisser

thunder wrote in message ...
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

NRA, what a wonderful organization. They want every weapon, including
assault weapons, to be legal. No one associated with the NRA will come
to grips with the fact that in almost all crimes committed with a
firearm, the perpetrator has either borrowed or taken the gun from
someone he knew, like a law abiding relative.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On 18 Oct 2004 04:54:53 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

thunder wrote in message ...
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

NRA, what a wonderful organization. They want every weapon, including
assault weapons, to be legal. No one associated with the NRA will come
to grips with the fact that in almost all crimes committed with a
firearm, the perpetrator has either borrowed or taken the gun from
someone he knew, like a law abiding relative.

Ummmm.....really?

If you are going to make a statement like this, then you need to back
it up.

Later,

Tom

basskisser

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in message . ..
On 18 Oct 2004 04:54:53 -0700, atl_man2@a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=yahoo%20com" onmouseover="window.status='yahoo.com'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"yahoo.com/a (basskisser) wrote:

thunder wrote in message ...
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

NRA, what a wonderful organization. They want every weapon, including
assault weapons, to be legal. No one associated with the NRA will come
to grips with the fact that in almost all crimes committed with a
firearm, the perpetrator has either borrowed or taken the gun from
someone he knew, like a law abiding relative.

Ummmm.....really?

If you are going to make a statement like this, then you need to back
it up.

Later,

Tom

Ummmm, YES, really. Very easily found on the Bureau of Justice
website:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm

which, in part states:
Offenders

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those
possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -

a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.
Short Wave Sportfishing

thunder wrote in message ...
[...]

1 - So what part of the 80% is family and friends?

5%, 10%, 20% - can't be 80%

How about I just take a wild guess here and say less than 15% of that
80% were from family and friends.

2 - And how many of these guns were used in a crime.

5%, 10%, 20% - can't be 80%.

I'd bet that it's probably around - oh, 57% give or take a little.

So, what do you "guess"?

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown
Doug Kanter

wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

Poodles have, and still do have in fact, a great reputation as a water
dog and retriever. You just don't see a lot of them doing it.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodlehist.htm

All the best,

Tom

They're also good on the grill, if you marinate them overnight in an olive
oil/garlic/thyme/black pepper dressing. If the dog's owner objects, offer to
let them join the dog for a "spin" (on the rotisserie).

Disgusting creatures. The dogs are, too.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:24:00 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

.. .
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other "facts"
are as accurate.

Poodles have, and still do have in fact, a great reputation as a water
dog and retriever. You just don't see a lot of them doing it.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodlehist.htm

They're also good on the grill, if you marinate them overnight in an olive
oil/garlic/thyme/black pepper dressing. If the dog's owner objects, offer to
let them join the dog for a "spin" (on the rotisserie).

Disgusting creatures. The dogs are, too.

Do you mean poodles or dogs in general?

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717

Doug Kanter

wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:10:58 +0000, WaIIy wrote:

This is perfect...

http://www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Geez guy, that dog was bread for hunting. I wonder if the other

"facts"
are as accurate.

Poodles have, and still do have in fact, a great reputation as a water
dog and retriever. You just don't see a lot of them doing it.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodlehist.htm

They're also good on the grill, if you marinate them overnight in an

olive
oil/garlic/thyme/black pepper dressing. If the dog's owner objects, offer

let them join the dog for a "spin" (on the rotisserie).

Disgusting creatures. The dogs are, too.

Do you mean poodles or dogs in general?

Dogs. All of them. And about 82% of their owners. This is based on
discussions with a number of them in my new neighborhood. Example:

Me: Pardon me....could you please NOT let your dog stop on my lawn in the
future?
Them: Why?

Why??? Why? Because it's my friggin' lawn and I asked politely. Why, indeed.

Sea Hunt Triton 186 cc vs Mako 192 cc TC General 10 October 27th 04 05:03 PM
(OT) The fox hunt Jim General 31 July 15th 04 06:13 PM
Sea Hunt 172 1998 stevec General 0 January 22nd 04 07:02 AM