Default Google is evil

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:07:34 -0400, Keyser Söze

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 08:49:39 -0400 (EDT), Keyser Soze
wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 12:34 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:30:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 10:50 AM,
wrote:
If your privacy is important to you, stay away from Google maps too.
My wife had maps going to find a hiking trail. Hours later we stopped
for lunch at a restaurant in town. I paid cash and we did not use the
phone there but an hour later she got a text from Google asking her to
rate the restaurant.

Oh, how awful.
It certainly demonstrates haw someone, anyone, can track you simply by
looking at your phone. Bear in mind, all of that is discoverable by
Trump's FBI.

So what?
I will keep that in mind the next time you go off on the patriot act
or the NSA snooping on you.
Maybe privacy is just not important to you. I suppose that may be a
city thing.

Yawn. I don't do anything that would interest the NSA. Apparently
you do.
So you don't need the 4th amendment? Do you think the cops can toss
your car and your house any time they want ... because you don't have
anything to hide? (except the "hundreds" of illegally copied movies)

The cops are not going to toss my car and I don't have any ilegally copied
movies and even if I did, the NSA would not care. What are *you* so nervous
about?

If you are willing to give up your 4th amendment rights, what is to
stop the cops from tossing your house and car?

As for your movies, how did you get a legally licensed movie that you
can store on your server? They all say it is illegal to "reproduce"
them, in any way.
Streams (netflix, amazon etc) can't legally be copied locally and DVDs
are also illegal to copy. Where do you get a movie legally that you
can copy?

Netflix has a very limited library of downloadable movies. It's great
for travel with a tablet.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:02:44 -0400, Alex wrote:

Netflix has a very limited library of downloadable movies. It's great
for travel with a tablet.

You can load a movie on a supported device using their software to
play it but you are not putting it on your server without using some
kind of "pirate" software. It is similar to how the DVR from the
Cable/Satellite company works. The last time I looked, nobody was
bragging about a way to get your stored movies off of the DVR that
would play on anything but the DVR. (even illegally). I would not be
surprised if someone cracks the encryption tho.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:02:44 -0400, Alex wrote:

Netflix has a very limited library of downloadable movies. It's great
for travel with a tablet.

BTW this is what the ULA says about it

"You agree to use the Netflix service, including all features and
functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all
applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use
of the service or content therein. Except as explicitly authorized in
these Terms of Use, you agree not to archive, download (other than
through caching necessary for personal use), reproduce, distribute,
modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works
from, offer for sale, or use content and information contained on or
obtained from or through the Netflix service without express written
permission from Netflix and its licensors."

If you have a Netflix movie on your server, you are a pirate.

We are ticking them off and Harry still has not answered how he has
hundreds of movies spinning in oxide without being a pirate.

wrote:
[...]

Heh heh heh. Another of your much ado about nothing posts. I feel no
compulsion to satisfy your perseverations.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 21:36:58 -0400, Keyser Söze

[...]

It is quite simply that you told us all you had hundreds of "legal"
movies on your server and I called you on it. Now you want to kick
over the table and run away from that statement.

Is it that hard to admit you are just another pirate.
****, your boat was named Yo Ho (as in "Yo ho, a pirate's life is me")
;-)

wrote:
[...]

Named after our favorite ride at WDW.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 12:34 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:30:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 10:50 AM,
wrote:
[...]

But they are only good for a few days after first viewing.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 22:26:02 -0400, Keyser Söze

It is quite simply that you told us all you had hundreds of "legal"
movies on your server and I called you on it. Now you want to kick
over the table and run away from that statement.

Is it that hard to admit you are just another pirate.
****, your boat was named Yo Ho (as in "Yo ho, a pirate's life is me")
;-)

Named after our favorite ride at WDW.

"We download and borrow and rent'm and rip,
We read all the warnings and don't give a ****
Yo ho, Yo ho a pirate's for me!"

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 03:10:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 12:34 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:30:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 10:50 AM,
wrote:
[...]

I took a few minutes to read the ULAs from Netflix, Vudu, Amazon,
Hulu, HBO Go and a few others. The language is strikingly similar. You
can't "Copy, reproduce or archive" on any of them legally. I suspect
it is straight from the MPAA's lawyers.
Same goes for ripping your DVDs.
I am not saying it can't be done but call yourself a pirate and be
proud.

wrote:

wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 12:34 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:30:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/10/17 10:50 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Crikey, you might want to consider doing something useful. Doesn't
someone in your neighborhood need a tiki bar? Perhaps if you tried less
hard and weren't so snotty about it, I might have given you the info you
so desperately desire. Not a chance now.

Satan and the evil Acrux Tall Ships 0 June 25th 06 06:52 PM
Bush = Dr. Evil? Bob Crantz ASA 3 May 3rd 06 05:00 PM
Props are Evil [email protected] General 4 July 19th 05 08:52 PM
I´m an evil pirate Lester T. Linpord General 18 February 14th 04 07:19 AM
Bush = Evil Bobsprit ASA 0 November 11th 03 11:24 PM