Default Google is evil

If your privacy is important to you, stay away from Google maps too.
My wife had maps going to find a hiking trail. Hours later we stopped
for lunch at a restaurant in town. I paid cash and we did not use the
phone there but an hour later she got a text from Google asking her to
rate the restaurant.

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:50:41 -0400, wrote:

If your privacy is important to you, stay away from Google maps too.
My wife had maps going to find a hiking trail. Hours later we stopped
for lunch at a restaurant in town. I paid cash and we did not use the
phone there but an hour later she got a text from Google asking her to
rate the restaurant.

===

It gets worse; try this:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb

You can turn Google Maps History off if you go into settings.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

If your privacy is important to you, stay away from Google maps too.
My wife had maps going to find a hiking trail. Hours later we stopped
for lunch at a restaurant in town. I paid cash and we did not use the
phone there but an hour later she got a text from Google asking her to
rate the restaurant.

===

It gets worse; try this:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb

You can turn Google Maps History off if you go into settings.

I don't usually even have my phone with me. I had it with me on
vacation but I never turned it on. It was on the dresser at the
"cabin". It does not have GPS or web access anyway.

BTW "turning anything off" on Google just means you can't see it.
Google never forgets anything they collect. They make the NSA look
like new comers in the data collection business. At a certain point
the NSA may just be another client. There are no laws about domestic
surveillance conducted by private companies.

Satan and the evil Acrux Tall Ships 0 June 25th 06 06:52 PM
Bush = Dr. Evil? Bob Crantz ASA 3 May 3rd 06 05:00 PM
Props are Evil [email protected] General 4 July 19th 05 08:52 PM
I´m an evil pirate Lester T. Linpord General 18 February 14th 04 07:19 AM
Bush = Evil Bobsprit ASA 0 November 11th 03 11:24 PM