Default .22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 06:16:47 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/6/17 9:57 PM, justan wrote:
justan Wrote in message:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 8:48 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 4/6/2017 6:36 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:04:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't like it as much as I like the Kimber with the kit. Switching
between .45 and .22 with the Kimber is about a two-minute job, so it's not a big deal. I got the
stainless conversion kit, so the Kimber looks pretty good with it. And, it's easy to tell what it's
firing from a few feet away!

Ok well you're the only one you need to satisfy on the matter so that's good!

I just can't see that kind of mo way for a conversion kit, though... But obviously that's me..

I simply "don't get" those conversion kits...the light .22LR round
doesn't feel the same going off in a pistol designed for .45 ACP, or
even 9mm. The recoil is different, the flip is different, the point of
impact is different. What's the point? When I got my .357 mag pistol and
rifle, I bought a box of .38 Specials, because the guns will fire those,
too...but they feel a lot different in the pistol than the hotter
rounds. The rifle, well, even .357 Mag out of my lever gun feels pretty
soft.

What's the point in shooting 38s in a 357?

Cheaper. Lots cheaper.

I was hoping Krowsie would answer.

When I last bought a box of 50 .38 special ball ammo rounds, they were
about 20 cents a round at the same time similar .357 MAG rounds were
nine or 10 cents more a round. That would be about $5.00 a box. I had
and still have a lot of .357 MAG ammo on hand, so I haven't priced it
lately...in the last couple of years.

Obviously you missed the point

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Practicing with lighter cheaper ammo. Now you get it?

D'oh. If you have a .45ACP pistol and you want to become adept at
shooting it and hitting your targets with the sort of ammo for which it
was designed and intended, using .22LR ammo in it isn't going to do
that. If you want to become adept at manipulating the trigger, snapcaps
will help. Mind you, I'm not knocking the idea of having fun with a
pistol, and spending a lot less money doing it, but as a training
methodology, not so much.

Harry, you're full of so much **** it must hurt!

Using .22 ammo in a .45 will, in fact, enable one to become more proficient with the pistol. I am
not practicing 'double taps', so the difference in recoil, noise, the size of the hole, etc, makes
no difference.

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 19:41:13 -0400, Alex wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
Just got this in the mail:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rimfire...nversion-kit-3

Fits well, very smooth operation. Haven't fired it yet, but will let you know how it works when I
do.

So far I'm happy with the purchase.

Nice! You'll make that up in ammo cost in no time!

Yeah! Carmen and I have been going through 3-4 boxes of .45 every time we go to the range. He has a
conversion kit for a Colt milspec .45 in New Orleans which he's planning to pick up when he goes
down in June.

wrote:

[...]

You have your fun your way. Let others decide how they
want to
spend their time and money.
BTW You never did thank me for steering you toward the 686-6. I
still don't have one but remains on my wish list. Now I want a
drone too. I wish you guys would stop hypeing tour
toys.

D'uh. You bear no responsibility for my buying a S&W 686 with a 4"
barrel. I already had a fine Ruger GP 100, but I wanted a revolver in
that caliber with a 4" barrel. My Ruger had a 6" barrel. So I found a
good buyer for the Ruger and bought the Smith. Both brands make
top-quality revolvers.

Actually, so does Taurus. I'm not a fan of any of their semi's but they
do make a fine revolver.

On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Maybe the anticipated recoil if you are a pussy!

.22LR Ammo Testing Keyser Söze General 6 November 16th 15 01:30 AM
Thinking of .22lr semi-auto Poquito Loco General 111 December 30th 14 04:58 AM
22LR Semi-auto on its way Poquito Loco General 6 December 23rd 14 11:24 PM
New Kimber 9mm Earl[_93_] General 5 May 14th 14 12:49 PM