BoatBanter.com

-   -   .22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/173958-22lr-conversion-kit-kimber.html)

Poco Deplorevole April 6th 17 08:37 PM

.22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

Just got this in the mail:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rimfire...nversion-kit-3

Fits well, very smooth operation. Haven't fired it yet, but will let you know how it works when I
do.

So far I'm happy with the purchase.

Tim April 6th 17 09:04 PM

.22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Poco Deplorevole April 6th 17 10:03 PM

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:04:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't like it as much as I like the Kimber with the kit. Switching
between .45 and .22 with the Kimber is about a two-minute job, so it's not a big deal. I got the
stainless conversion kit, so the Kimber looks pretty good with it. And, it's easy to tell what it's
firing from a few feet away!

Tim April 6th 17 10:31 PM

.22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:04:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't like it as much as I like the Kimber with the kit. Switching
between .45 and .22 with the Kimber is about a two-minute job, so it's not a big deal. I got the
stainless conversion kit, so the Kimber looks pretty good with it. And, it's easy to tell what it's
firing from a few feet away!

Ok well you're the only one you need to satisfy on the matter so that's good!

I just can't see that kind of mo way for a conversion kit, though... But obviously that's me..

Keyser Soze April 6th 17 11:25 PM

.22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:04:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't like it as much as I like the Kimber with the kit. Switching
between .45 and .22 with the Kimber is about a two-minute job, so it's not a big deal. I got the
stainless conversion kit, so the Kimber looks pretty good with it. And, it's easy to tell what it's
firing from a few feet away!

Ok well you're the only one you need to satisfy on the matter so that's good!

I just can't see that kind of mo way for a conversion kit, though... But obviously that's me..

I simply "don't get" those conversion kits...the light .22LR round
doesn't feel the same going off in a pistol designed for .45 ACP, or
even 9mm. The recoil is different, the flip is different, the point of
impact is different. What's the point? When I got my .357 mag pistol and
rifle, I bought a box of .38 Specials, because the guns will fire those,
too...but they feel a lot different in the pistol than the hotter
rounds. The rifle, well, even .357 Mag out of my lever gun feels pretty
soft.

Mr. Luddite April 6th 17 11:54 PM

.22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

On 4/6/2017 6:36 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
[...]

What's the point in shooting 38s in a 357?

Cheaper. Lots cheaper.

Keyser Söze April 7th 17 12:02 AM

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/6/2017 6:36 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
[...]

About 9 cents a round cheaper for comparable quality ammo.

--
Posted with my iPhone 7+.

Tim April 7th 17 12:19 AM

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 5:54:50 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/6/2017 6:36 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
[...]

less recoil and faster recovery too. I've shot a lot of .44 Smiths in my magnumm for that reason as well

Alex[_10_] April 7th 17 12:41 AM

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
Just got this in the mail:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rimfire...nversion-kit-3

Fits well, very smooth operation. Haven't fired it yet, but will let you know how it works when I
do.

So far I'm happy with the purchase.

Nice! You'll make that up in ammo cost in no time!

Mr. Luddite April 7th 17 01:30 AM

On 4/6/2017 7:19 PM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 5:54:50 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/6/2017 6:36 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
[...]

I used to alternate .38 and .357 mag rounds in the S&W I had. I've
posted this YouTube link before and you can clearly see the difference
in the two rounds, both in recoil and in sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF00rLj8AEY