Default .22LR Ammo Testing

I've tried these so far. Five shot groups, 50 yards, indoors, CZ 455
'Merican, five round magazines, rifle bag rested, used 2x7 Nikon Scope.

Groups:

CCI Mini Mag 40gr 1235 fps
Best: .50”

CCI Standard Velocity 40gr 1070 fps
Best: .31"

Gemtech Silencer SubSonic 42gr 1020 fps
Best: .45”

Eley Contact 42gr 1090 fps
Best: .21"

CCI AR Tactical 40gr 1200 fps
Best: .50"

My "go-to" ammo remains the CCI Standard Velocity. Not too expensive,
fairly available, subsonic. The Eley Contact has been hard to find and
is more spendy than the CCI SV.

The Mini Mags and the AR Tactical are damned close in specs.

Still need to get to the 100-yard outdoor range.

Your mileage will vary.

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:24:20 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

I've tried these so far. Five shot groups, 50 yards, indoors, CZ 455
'Merican, five round magazines, rifle bag rested, used 2x7 Nikon Scope.

Groups:

CCI Mini Mag 40gr 1235 fps
Best: .50

CCI Standard Velocity 40gr 1070 fps
Best: .31"

Gemtech Silencer SubSonic 42gr 1020 fps
Best: .45

Eley Contact 42gr 1090 fps
Best: .21"

CCI AR Tactical 40gr 1200 fps
Best: .50"

My "go-to" ammo remains the CCI Standard Velocity. Not too expensive,
fairly available, subsonic. The Eley Contact has been hard to find and
is more spendy than the CCI SV.

The Mini Mags and the AR Tactical are damned close in specs.

Still need to get to the 100-yard outdoor range.

Your mileage will vary.

Really good to know.

I'm wondering how you shot a five round group smaller than the diameter of the
bullet.

You are really good. How are the owls?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 11/12/15 4:53 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Ahh, typo. That should be .30, not .21. Even so, with both the Eley and
CCI SV, several of the rounds went into the same hole. I'm not claiming
to be that great a shot, because I know a couple of fellows with the
identical rifle "works" who shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards, which I
doubt I'll ever be able to do on an outdoor range.

On 11/12/2015 4:24 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
I've tried these so far. Five shot groups, 50 yards, indoors, CZ 455
'Merican, five round magazines, rifle bag rested, used 2x7 Nikon Scope.

Groups:

CCI Mini Mag 40gr 1235 fps
Best: .50”

CCI Standard Velocity 40gr 1070 fps
Best: .31"

Gemtech Silencer SubSonic 42gr 1020 fps
Best: .45”

Eley Contact 42gr 1090 fps
Best: .21"

CCI AR Tactical 40gr 1200 fps
Best: .50"

My "go-to" ammo remains the CCI Standard Velocity. Not too expensive,
fairly available, subsonic. The Eley Contact has been hard to find and
is more spendy than the CCI SV.

The Mini Mags and the AR Tactical are damned close in specs.

Still need to get to the 100-yard outdoor range.

Your mileage will vary.

Man, you can shoot the wings off a knat at 50 paces. I wish you were as
diligent at paying your taxes and other obligations.

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:23:18 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 11/12/2015 4:24 PM, Keyser Sze wrote:
[...]

Look at it this way: That's the first time, to my knowledge, that Harry has admitted
he made a mistake. I'd say he's headed in the right direction.

Next - the 'real' story of his Vietnam adventures (or lack thereof)?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:55:00 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
[...]

Heh. A typo in that case would be an adjacent key. That was a flat-out lie.. Or fabrication. Take your pick.
Banned

NO ONE ****ING CARES, YOU ****...THIS ISN'T ALT REC GUN NUTS, YOU ****