Default wayne may need a new mw

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:52:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

11:13
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 07:35:42 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Even though it's a glorified sandwich warmer- When I get my Marquis finished this year I'll have one on it.

Isn't that pretty much what any microwave is? I remember when I bought
mine they were sold by what size turkey you could cook in one. I
assume some people actually tried it ... once.
It gets things hot but it is not "cooking" in any real sense.
Corn may be the only thing it really does a good job on and even then
it takes some prep.

Sure thing.

I'm wanting something small and low powered that I don't need more than a 2000w inverter to fire it. I gave up on the 12v refrigerator though. Ice and coolers are cheap enough...

You have to be careful and figure out if that 700w is input or output.
The radiated power may only be half of what the oven draws and they
have a pretty big "inrush" spike. A regular breaker has a trip curve
that will let it take 250% for a fraction of a second but you do not
get that luxury with an inverter.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:55:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I don't remember them as being mushy. He left them wrapped in the
freezer wrap when cooking and it only took about a minute and a half to
cook. No cold spots. I just don't like all the pins in flounder.

I guess the only flounder I have had in 4 decades came from the
grocery store. It is not that popular here.
Most flounder recipes seem to involve baking in a bath of butter and
herbs.
I like fish I can cook on the grill or griddle. That seems to preserve
some of the health benefits.
I can honestly say I never tried the microwave but I might give it a
shot. You can always give it a dose of tartar sauce or ketchup ;-)
Tim Tim is offline

12:03
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:52:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
You have to be careful and figure out if that 700w is input or output.
The radiated power may only be half of what the oven draws and they
have a pretty big "inrush" spike. A regular breaker has a trip curve
that will let it take 250% for a fraction of a second but you do not
get that luxury with an inverter.

That's why I look at the. Ack to see the draw rate.

My mom and dad had an ancient nuke-ro-wave that when you turned it on the kitchen light would dim slightly. Lol!
Tim Tim is offline

1:42 PMme
12:03
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:52:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim
You have to be careful and figure out if that 700w is input or output.
The radiated power may only be half of what the oven draws and they
have a pretty big "inrush" spike. A regular breaker has a trip curve
that will let it take 250% for a fraction of a second but you do not
get that luxury with an inverter.

That's why I look at the. Ack to see the draw rate.

My mom and dad had an ancient nuke-ro-wave that when you turned it on the kitchen light would dim slightly. Lol!

I meant "the back". Anyhow that's another thing about ultra cheap appliances. It doesn't cost much to experiment. If it works it works. If it doesn't, do different or abandon the idea.
Tim Tim is offline

3:28 PMPoco Deplorevole
I cooked a turkey in a microwave, in 1976. Our first microwave. Our first turkey cooked in a
microwave.

Our last turkey cooked in a microwave.

Cooking a whole turkey in a microwave?

I can't see much profit in that. But I'll ask how it turned out anyway?

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:57:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

3:28 PMPoco Deplorevole
I cooked a turkey in a microwave, in 1976. Our first microwave. Our first turkey cooked in a
microwave.

Our last turkey cooked in a microwave.

Cooking a whole turkey in a microwave?

I can't see much profit in that. But I'll ask how it turned out anyway?

We tried a roasting hen and it got hot enough to kill the germs but
you couldn't really call it "cooked".

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:57:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

3:28 PMPoco Deplorevole
I cooked a turkey in a microwave, in 1976. Our first microwave. Our first turkey cooked in a
microwave.

Our last turkey cooked in a microwave.

Cooking a whole turkey in a microwave?

I can't see much profit in that. But I'll ask how it turned out anyway?

Well, it came out very dry with some parts well overcooked and some well undercooked. Not good at
all, which is why it was the last one. Hey, it was something new to try. I remember we had to turn
the bird and zap it four times - breast up, back up and each side up. Pain in the butt. Live and
learn.

Yo Wayne, et al,... Keine Keyserscheiße General 16 May 2nd 16 01:29 PM
Hey, Wayne iBoaterer[_2_] General 5 February 3rd 13 04:28 PM
is this you, Wayne? Tim General 4 May 29th 12 02:23 AM
Wayne B. Tim General 1 June 21st 11 04:58 AM
Hey Wayne... Tom Francis - SWSports General 10 November 13th 08 09:28 PM