Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default wayne may need a new mw

On 3/14/2017 5:24 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:05:55 -0400,
wrote:

This is posted on my laptop, 2" from the door

Yes it was running, heating up a cup of coffee.
I also ran my LAN monitor and my ping time did not change, on or off

2.4 gz mouse did not move the cursor, laptop inside with the door
closed. A NE2 did not light. (ref the web page Richard linked)
If it is leaking, it is not leaking much.
I would still be curious what a real tester would show. I haven't had
a science fair project lately. I may look into it a bit deeper. I
guess the question is how much 2.4 gz is a danger since that is a LAN
frequency and also what blue tooth and a number of other wireless
devices use.

I rigged up a wireless 2.4ghz camera in our previous house so my wife
could monitor her horses in the barn. Knocked off all our wi-fi
Internet service in the house. Bluetooth doesn't seem to bother
anything but it's range is very limited.