Default wayne may need a new mw

Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:50:11 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:19:57 -0400, wrote:

I use the microwave a lot but I do not do a lot of actual "cooking" in
it. Usually we just heat up leftovers, thaw things out or something
like preheating a potato before I put it in the oven.
I end up cooking outside on the grill as much or more than I cook in
the house and the oven is outside. When I am deep frying or cooking
fish it is always outside. Keeps from smelling up the house,
particularly if I am "blackening" it. (actually just a sear, "blacken"
is a figure of speech). I also grill a lot of stuff.

More racist stuff. Do you have a preference for seasonings when you do
'blackened'? I like
Prudhomme's pretty well, but have never tried
another. When I do it, I
use a cast iron skillet on a
gas flame, letting it get 'white hot'. Can't do it inside though.

I do a version of Emeril's cajun rub, less salt and no cayenne with a
dash of Old Bay (you can't get the Maryland out of the boy)
I don't have a cast iron skillet, I just use a big slab of steel plate
I have had for decades. It does the same thing and is less porous than
cast so it does not need traditional seasoning. Sometimes I just do it
in a regular aluminum pan if I am not going for that hard crusty sear.
It depends a lot on the fish I have.
Dolphin (Mahi for the PC) just goes directly on the grill with the
pressure on the burners up around 15 PSI and on high. That is
something that you cook fast and hot. It comes out crunchy on the
outside and juicy in the middle.

Had Mahi last night. Cut in cubes and coated in ginger, quick fried in
garlic olive oil, with some garlic-chile oil and some green onions shaken
over. Quick, tasty.

Was just in Walmart. 0.7 cf 700 watts MW. $22.

Tim Tim is offline

Was just in Walmart. 0.7 cf 700 watts MW. $22.
-----

Even though it's a glorified sandwich warmer- When I get my Marquis finished this year I'll have one on it.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 07:35:42 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Even though it's a glorified sandwich warmer- When I get my Marquis finished this year I'll have one on it.

Isn't that pretty much what any microwave is? I remember when I bought
mine they were sold by what size turkey you could cook in one. I
assume some people actually tried it ... once.
It gets things hot but it is not "cooking" in any real sense.
Corn may be the only thing it really does a good job on and even then
it takes some prep.
Tim Tim is offline

11:13
wrote:

Even though it's a glorified sandwich warmer- When I get my Marquis finished this year I'll have one on it.

Isn't that pretty much what any microwave is? I remember when I bought
mine they were sold by what size turkey you could cook in one. I
assume some people actually tried it ... once.
It gets things hot but it is not "cooking" in any real sense.
Corn may be the only thing it really does a good job on and even then
it takes some prep.

Sure thing.

I'm wanting something small and low powered that I don't need more than a 2000w inverter to fire it. I gave up on the 12v refrigerator though. Ice and coolers are cheap enough...

On 3/17/2017 12:35 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:17:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

Even though it's a glorified sandwich warmer- When I get my Marquis finished this year I'll have one on it.
Isn't that pretty much what any microwave is? I remember when I bought
mine they were sold by what size turkey you could cook in one. I
assume some people actually tried it ... once.
It gets things hot but it is not "cooking" in any real sense.
Corn may be the only thing it really does a good job on and even then
it takes some prep.

My father-in-law loved flounder. He'd fish all summer catching them,
cleaning and then freezing them. Then, every day during the winter he'd
take one from the freezer, pop it in the microwave to (as he used to
say, "Nuke" it) for a couple of minutes and eat it. I am not a great
fan of flounder but I have to admit it was pretty good coming from the
microwave.

Never been much of a flounder guy myself. Seems mushy. Maybe the
microwave toughens it up but don't you get hot spots with other places
still cold? That has always been my gripe with microwaves, even when
they use pulsed power, a fan and a turn table.

I don't remember them as being mushy. He left them wrapped in the
freezer wrap when cooking and it only took about a minute and a half to
cook. No cold spots. I just don't like all the pins in flounder.

Yo Wayne, et al,... Keine Keyserscheiße General 16 May 2nd 16 01:29 PM
Hey, Wayne iBoaterer[_2_] General 5 February 3rd 13 03:28 PM
is this you, Wayne? Tim General 4 May 29th 12 02:23 AM
Wayne B. Tim General 1 June 21st 11 04:58 AM
Hey Wayne... Tom Francis - SWSports General 10 November 13th 08 08:28 PM