Default BTW ... about your Tacoma Harry ...

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/13/2017 4:12 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

I've been doing some research on smaller trucks to replace the F-250 I
have now. The main criteria is something that Mrs.E will feel
comfortable driving (meaning smaller) yet still has the tow capacity to
handle the little camper she bought last summer. Ideal would be a tow
capacity of 5K to 6K lbs to tow the little 4K lb. camper.

I happened to be looking at the Tacoma and recalled you posting that
yours is rated to tow 6,400 lbs. You also have said you have the four
cylinder, 4x4 with a manual transmission.

You might want to verify your tow rating for that configuration.
According to Toyota, it is only rated to tow 3,500 lbs. (2016 model
specs).

That ought to be able to haul a 20 ft Pahkah, his last known,
(thought to be real), boat.

And once again, you display your ignorance. The boat with engine and
gear and fuel was about 3400 pounds, and the trailer added substantially
to that, putting the weight of the full rig way over 3,500 pounds. Stick
to what you know, whatever that might be.

You agree with Luddite's findings then? You overstated your
capacity by a whopping 3000 pounds. Almost twice the real
capacity. I'm wondering if you know anything that really
matters.

I could have sworn that he told us that his Tacoma had the four cylinder
rather than the V6 but apparently I was wrong. The Tacoma with the V6
and the tow package is indeed rated for 6400 lbs towing.

I wonder what he'd tow with that bad boy?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

No, I wouldn't have bought a four-cylinder gasoline engine truck. I am,
however, very impressed with the four-cylinder engine in my wife's
Toyota Camry and probably wouldn't consider a car with a V-6 or V-8. The
Camry is peppy, and cruises at interstate speed limits with the engine
loafing.

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Nothing larger than the typical open landscape utility trailer to take
my tractor in for service or to bring home many bags of mulch or a
couple of trees or many bushes. The mulch bags typically run about 40
pounds each, and I usually buy 100 bags of cedar mulch each season.

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

My new car has a v6. A 2.2 litre 4 with a turbo doesn' t meet my
requirements for the vehicle. Gas mileage is better than my
wife's crv. Go figure.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

How many trips to the mulch place for 100 bags?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

With mulch volume usually governs. Of course Harry's probably using ironwood mulch where weight
would govern.

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

My wife got the top of the line Subaru to replace the VW diesel. Took it on the trip to Tampa. Very
nice to drive and quite peppy with the four cylinder. In cruise control it automatically slows when
pulling up behind a slower mover, then speeds back up when the lane is changed. Hell, there's
nothing to do but keep the damn thing between the lines. And, without a signal on, the thing beeps
at you when you get too close to a line. Got right around 30mpg for the trip.

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

I have a similar opinion of the 4 banger in the Nissan Altima I bought
almost a year ago. Nothing fancy but it has more than enough
acceleration and cruises at 65-70 on the highway getting around 37 mpg.
My brother drove it and was convinced it had the bigger V6 engine until
I told him otherwise. I don't drag race but I don't purposely try to go
easy either but it still gets 30-31 mpg in "around town" driving. It
rides nicely, is quiet and handles ok. No need for a more powerful
engine.

On 1/13/17 2:40 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

No, **** for brains. My post says I buy cedar mulch. The weight per bag
was important to me because I didn't want to overload the springs and
shocks on my old 4Runner, so one of the guys at Home Despot took a
couple of dry bags of the mulch I buy and weighed them for me.

Mr. Luddite wrote:

I've been doing some research on smaller trucks to replace the F-250 I
have now. The main criteria is something that Mrs.E will feel
comfortable driving (meaning smaller) yet still has the tow capacity
to handle the little camper she bought last summer. Ideal would be a
tow capacity of 5K to 6K lbs to tow the little 4K lb. camper.

I happened to be looking at the Tacoma and recalled you posting that
yours is rated to tow 6,400 lbs. You also have said you have the four
cylinder, 4x4 with a manual transmission.

You might want to verify your tow rating for that configuration.
According to Toyota, it is only rated to tow 3,500 lbs. (2016 model
specs).

It also has lousy reviews.

---