Melandre

Default Mobile mechanic in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

I am thinking of purchasing a used boat from WA. If I do, I would like
to hire and bring along a boat mechanic so that he can do a compression
test and other inspections of the motor (I don't know much about motor
and wouldn't know how to do a compression test or how to interpret the
result).

If no mobile mechanic can be found, is there a marine repair shop where
I could ask the owner to drive the boat for adequate inspection?

Anyone knows someone who may be willing to do this in the Seattle area?

Andre

Melandre wrote:
I am thinking of purchasing a used boat from WA. If I do, I would like
to hire and bring along a boat mechanic so that he can do a compression
test and other inspections of the motor (I don't know much about motor
and wouldn't know how to do a compression test or how to interpret the
result).

If no mobile mechanic can be found, is there a marine repair shop where
I could ask the owner to drive the boat for adequate inspection?

Anyone knows someone who may be willing to do this in the Seattle area?

Andre

Yes.

For a gas engine in Seattle, Pat DesJardin of Pat's Marine Engines does
as complete and accurate a mechanical survey as anybody around.
206-285-0184

For diesel, there are a couple of guys- and it depends a bit on the
make of the engine. Sounds like you're leaning toward gas ("compression
test"), but if you need a diesel recommendation indicate in this forum
or send an email.

Best of luck!