Default Tis the season

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 08:36:38 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 18:32:02 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 17:53:21 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

Vesel božic in srecno novo leto vam tudi!

Slovenian? Really?

Good eye!

It is interesting that like most romance languages, knowledge of latin
got me into the ball park of what it meant.

Mr. Luddite
"My daughter gave me one of those "Google Home" things for Christmas.
I downloaded and installed the app for it and it works. Â*Problem is, Â*I
haven't a clue what the hell I am going to do with it."

My #2 son gave me one of the compact lithium ion battery jumpers/chargers after I complained of loosing out on two cruises on my new boat due go low battery chargelast summer. It's rated at 700 amps and supposedly will jump start a 5 liter gasoline engine. Seems small for that but time will tell.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 15:16:58 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 12/25/2016 8:35 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:56:33 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 20:11:23 -0500,
wrote:

wrote:

Vesel božic in srecno novo leto vam tudi!

===

Ali imate težave z slovenšcina?

****'n A
I am American

===

Have you noticed how good Google translate has gotten? They are on
the cutting edge of AI (Artificial Intelligence) with some of their
recent developments. I never thought that I'd see translation or
voice recognition as good as it is now. We know that self driving
cars are already on the doorstep. I wonder what's next?

The merge of Virtual Reality with AI

My daughter gave me one of those "Google Home" things for Christmas.
I downloaded and installed the app for it and it works. Problem is, I
haven't a clue what the hell I am going to do with it.

Why don't you ask it what you should do with it?

'Cause it might just tell him what he could do with it!

We asked Siri on my daughter's phone to flip a coin. Normally she'll come back with a 'heads' or
'tails', but this time she came back with, "The coin fell into a crack."

Later we asked 'which is better, this or that?' Her response, "I'm not feeling very decisive today."

wrote:

Vesel božic in srecno novo leto vam tudi!

===

Ali imate težave z slovenšcina?

****'n A
I am American

===

Have you noticed how good Google translate has gotten? They are on
the cutting edge of AI (Artificial Intelligence) with some of their
recent developments. I never thought that I'd see translation or
voice recognition as good as it is now. We know that self driving
cars are already on the doorstep. I wonder what's next?

The merge of Virtual Reality with AI

My daughter gave me one of those "Google Home" things for Christmas.
I downloaded and installed the app for it and it works. Problem is, I
haven't a clue what the hell I am going to do with it.

You could ask what the difference is between a fan and a follower of
jesus...considering the season...

I got curious as to how all this stuff works and dug into it a bit.
Almost wished I hadn't. I didn't know this but Google keeps a record of
*everything* you use your cell phone for ... at least the Android
powered phones. In an obscure menu on my phone I found a "My Activity"
log. It had records, including some audio files of voice mails and of
my voice using the "Ok, Google" feature of everything I searched for,
websites visited, contacts, how many times I called someone, .... even
how many times I used "PitchLite" .. a guitar tuner app. I found a way
to start deleting them only to discover the record files dated back to
*July 4th*. I already knew that Google sells marketing data to
companies that indicate your interests, but I had no idea how extensive
and complete the records they keep were. Others do this ... Amazon for
example ... and the next thing you know you are getting specific and
directed ads in your Facebook newsfeed. I don't think I like having so
much information being shared ... usually without your knowledge. I
found a way to opt out of the Amazon reporting and for Facebook using
these directed marketing ads, but I suspect it's only the tip of the
iceberg.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:57:20 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"My daughter gave me one of those "Google Home" things for Christmas.
I downloaded and installed the app for it and it works. *Problem is, *I
haven't a clue what the hell I am going to do with it."

My #2 son gave me one of the compact lithium ion battery jumpers/chargers after I complained of loosing out on two cruises on my new boat due go low battery chargelast summer. It's rated at 700 amps and supposedly will jump start a 5 liter gasoline engine. Seems small for that but time will tell.

Good luck with it. The one I had, which was supposedly a good one, wouldn't turn over the Yamaha 150
when I needed it. Now I keep a Battery Tender connected. Keeps the batteries well charged.

True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite
"My daughter gave me one of those "Google Home" things for Christmas.
I downloaded and installed the app for it and it works. Problem is, I
haven't a clue what the hell I am going to do with it."

My #2 son gave me one of the compact lithium ion battery jumpers/chargers after I complained of loosing out on two cruises on my new boat due go low battery chargelast summer. It's rated at 700 amps and supposedly will jump start a 5 liter gasoline engine. Seems small for that but time will tell.

"loosing" and "chargelast"?

I wouldn't bring it up if you didn't jump on everyone's (except Harry,
for some reason) typos all the time.

Something to add joy to the season True North[_2_] General 0 December 17th 16 01:29 AM
Tis the season... North Star General 7 December 24th 11 12:29 AM
End of the Season Boater General 19 November 5th 08 02:55 AM
Off season season Eisboch General 3 January 13th 08 06:34 PM
2006 End of Season First Season report Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 17th 06 12:15 PM