posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 2006 End of Season First Season report

I know some of you sail all year, but we have a four month break here
in NY!

Our season was both fun and frustrating...but it wasn't Thomas who was
the problem. It was the weather! In spite of have 3-4 days per week to
sail, bad weather and light air conspired to limit our sails...and
everyone else's here.
Still we managed to get in plenty of fun sails, as evidenced by the
pics and videos I posted. Our Heart of Gold 35s5 was everything we had
hoped for.....fast and fun, comfortable and a great place just to hang
out. The swim platform was a hit as expected and made using the dinghy
a snap. Sleeping aboard I could finally get a full night's sleep in a
bunk that was long enough for my height and wide enough for two adults
at the same time. The unusually wide, long cockpit was perfect for a
crew of 5-7 and deck space made her feel twice as roomy as the C&C 32.
We got in a few weekend sails and they were a learning experience with
Thomas, generally in a good way. Thomas had a great time aboard.
Everyone said he's a great "boat kid" as he never complains and is
always happy aboard. Ask him if he wants to go to the boat and he
yells, "Yes, BOAT!"
So all in all we had a good season. The next one will be better,
especially if the weather works out a bit better. We'll also have more
time off. The boat now has excellent sails and I also got a full set of
Lewmar 60mm and 80mm HL blocks (Sloco will cry again!) for her. First
season with Heart of Gold has been a winner and we still have a couple
of weeks to go.

I hope at least a few of you had a good season as well!

Sorry about your ultra late launch, Scotty.
Sorry about your ribs and poor man's boat, Dave.
Sorry about your powerboat, Doug.
Sorry about your lame boat and sails, Sloco.
Sorry about your Catamaran, Jeff.

Standby for pics of the new sails later this week. And standby for a
total hissy fit melt down from Sloco when he sees my sails hoisted,
Lewmar racing blocks and more. It's really a bad time for Express 30
owners out there.

RB
35s5
NY

Recalled yet again! Gilligan ASA 15 October 17th 06 01:41 AM
Early end to season Wally ASA 14 November 17th 04 07:36 PM
( OT ) The president who took bin Laden seriously Jim General 4 July 26th 04 05:49 PM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
Last trip of the season RGrew176 General 4 October 20th 03 04:49 PM