Default Wayne is in the move again

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:15:38 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/2/16 4:03 PM, wrote:

We are going to up around the corner from Traverse City in lake
country. My wife found us a nice house on a lake.

Ahh. I lived in Michigan for three years, north of Detroit in Southfield
and then Bloomfield Hills. Got around the state a bit, and got to stay
at a lodge in the U.P. twice. Coldest day in my life up to that point
was a January day in Grand Rapids attending a state Dem party
convention. Did financial/political PR at a big agency. Had great
clients - state NEA, American Motors, Motown, Hudson's Department
Stores, UAW, and a big national mortgage banker. Met Walter Reuther a
few times, and even Jimmy Hoffa. Got seconded to a Dem gubernatorial
race there and then got hired by the national NEA and sent to NY State.
Fun days.

I have been to Detroit a few times but I never looked around much and
I have been to DTW more times than I want to think about
If you know you are going to be stuck there (delayed flight), call
ahead for a reservation at the Westin. It is right there on the
concourse. There is a private TSA gate and your room is a few minutes
from your plane.

My other trip was this past winter when I went skiing with the kids at
Crystal Mountain. It is an HO gauge ski resort but OK for a mediocre
skier like me. It is a couple hours from GRR. Connections into
Traverse City are sparse.

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:15:38 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/2/16 4:03 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 12:32:25 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/2/16 12:30 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 07:03:53 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

I've been enjoying northern Indiana's Amish country for the past week, so haven't heard anything
about your boat. Glad to hear all is well again.

We are going to be north of you next week and the week after that. We
are heading for northern Michigan

The U.P.?

Nope, that is a whole other place. (perhaps another planet)
We are going to up around the corner from Traverse City in lake
country. My wife found us a nice house on a lake.

Ahh. I lived in Michigan for three years, north of Detroit in Southfield
and then Bloomfield Hills. Got around the state a bit, and got to stay
at a lodge in the U.P. twice. Coldest day in my life up to that point
was a January day in Grand Rapids attending a state Dem party
convention. Did financial/political PR at a big agency. Had great
clients - state NEA, American Motors, Motown, Hudson's Department
Stores, UAW, and a big national mortgage banker. Met Walter Reuther a
few times, and even Jimmy Hoffa. Got seconded to a Dem gubernatorial
race there and then got hired by the national NEA and sent to NY State.
Fun days.

Yeah, right. Was all this before or after Vietnam and your two trips around Cape Horn?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 16:45:07 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Our kids are there so I imagine we will see a lot of Michigan.
"Ranger" Dave esq is a land manager/legal council for a land trust up
there scattered across 5 counties.

Be sure to go agate hunting along the shores of LS.

I may put the grand kids on that ;-)

Yo Wayne! Poquito Loco General 4 June 2nd 16 05:05 PM
Yo Wayne.. Poco Loco General 3 March 8th 14 08:56 PM
Hey, Wayne iBoaterer[_2_] General 5 February 3rd 13 03:28 PM
Yo Wayne! John H.[_5_] General 46 August 6th 12 09:33 PM
Yo!! Wayne!! Yogi of Woodstock General 3 July 24th 09 01:28 PM