Default Wayne is in the move again

I see you are working your way out of the St Lawrence.
Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 4:11:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I see you are working your way out of the St Lawrence.

I talked with him yesterday. All is well and cruising. .

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:19:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 4:11:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I see you are working your way out of the St Lawrence.

I talked with him yesterday. All is well and cruising. .

===

Yes indeed. We've also had great weather the last two days with light
winds and mid day temperatures approaching 70 degrees. Heat wave. :-)
It would be nice if it lasted a while longer, at least until we get
around the rest of the Gaspé Peninsula and start heading a bit farther
south. We're docked tonight in a commercial fishing harbor called
Matane that offers little in the way of conventional amenities but is
interesting nevertheless. We saw a bunch of whales and seals today,
something we don't get much of in Florida.

https://www.google.com/#q=matane+quebec

https://www.google.com/#q=gaspe+peninsula+

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os

wrote:

[...]

You are a block from the Quality Inn ;-)

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:53:10 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:26:31 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What kind of dock do they have? :-)

Actually looking at the aerial, I guess you are at a dock. It is 2
streets down on the left.

===

This is a very commercial port and there are basically no facilities
for recreational boaters. As a result we ended up on a dock primarily
intended for fishing boats.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlq1x7erojkaetf/Matane%20Quebec%20IMG_20160728_170222.jpg?dl=0

Finding a good place to stay the night is one of the challenges of
cruising this part of the world. The water is very deep right up to
the shore in most places and protected harbors like this one are few
and far between.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 21:20:10 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

This is a very commercial port and there are basically no facilities
for recreational boaters. As a result we ended up on a dock primarily
intended for fishing boats.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlq1x7erojkaetf/Matane%20Quebec%20IMG_20160728_170222.jpg?dl=0

Finding a good place to stay the night is one of the challenges of
cruising this part of the world. The water is very deep right up to
the shore in most places and protected harbors like this one are few
and far between.

That place looked pretty spartan on the aerial. You should be able to
get bait and ice there tho ;-)

wrote:

[...]

Reminds of some of the places we docked at on north Vancouver island.
Government docks, that are really set up for the commercial boats.

Yo Wayne! Poquito Loco General 4 June 2nd 16 05:05 PM
Yo Wayne.. Poco Loco General 3 March 8th 14 08:56 PM
Hey, Wayne iBoaterer[_2_] General 5 February 3rd 13 03:28 PM
Yo Wayne! John H.[_5_] General 46 August 6th 12 09:33 PM
Yo!! Wayne!! Yogi of Woodstock General 3 July 24th 09 01:28 PM