Default Waynes SPOT

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:32:32 -0500, Califbill
wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 07:46:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/10/2016 8:27 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:19:27 -0400, wrote:

I really prefer when we
actually get the storm and it sucks out all of the moisture for a few
days, leaving nice weather.

===

That happened to us after the tropical storm moved out, resulting in a
few days of really spectacular weather. Today was clear and sunny
also but cold and windy in the morning by our Floridian standards.

Today's big challenge was getting through the Norfolk Southern
Railroad Bridge #7. The bridge was hit a while back by an errant tug
boat and barge, and has been under repair ever since with restricted
operating hours. It has been driving boaters nuts because the posted
hours have often been incorrect and there is no way around it other
than going outside Cape Hatteras. We got up at 5:00AM this morning to
try and catch it before 7 when work starts. It was closed when we got
there at 6 but it turned out to be only temporary. We eventually got
through about 6:30 which was a big relief. The bridge is an
incredible anachronism which looks like it is at least 100 years old
and operates with the same efficiency.

http://www.waterwayguide.com/nav-alert/4-5755/norfolk-va-icw-closures-at-norfolk-southern-bridge-update

High winds on Chesapeake Bay are scheduled for Sunday but we should
make it north at least as far as Solomons or St Michaels tomorrow.

What or where is your ultimate destination?

===

Both of our sons hang out in southern Westchester County, a little NE
of NYC. The current plan is to spend a few weeks with them and then
head north up the Hudson River, NYS barge canal (Erie), and then out
Lake Ontario via the St Lawrence River to Canada. If everything goes
according to plan we'll eventually circle the Canadian maritime
provinces and return to the New England coast via Maine, Cape Cod,
etc. We had a few gremlins pop up early in the trip but hopefully
that's behind us know. As of the moment we're steaming up the middle
of Chesapeake Bay and all systems are go.

For $50 you can get a year permit for a long gun entry to Canada.

===

Didn't bring any firearms with us. It just gets too complicated and
risky when you start crossing a lot of state lines.

Califbill
"For $50 you can get a year permit for a long gun entry to Canada."

Why would he need that? He'll be long gone by hunting season.
Oh wait...there's always the chance he'll run into some gun crazy 'mericans up here during the summer.
Best be prepared.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 07:00:21 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Gosh, I hope the wind isn't blowing from the south or east...that
bankster stench will wilt our roses.

===

Well aren't you the grumpy little turd blossom. Better luck in your
next life.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:34:35 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 06:54:17 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 20:27:01 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

Are you planning to spend any time at Solomons?

===

As of the moment it looks like we're going to skip by Solomons and
keep going up to Herrington Harbor. We'll probably anchor off the
beach and get going again in the morning.

OK, I was thinking that might be a nice motorcycle ride. Keep safe!

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:06:26 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Califbill
"For $50 you can get a year permit for a long gun entry to Canada."

Why would he need that? He'll be long gone by hunting season.
Oh wait...there's always the chance he'll run into some gun crazy 'mericans up here during the summer.
Best be prepared.

Is Harry planning to visit Kanaduh?

True North wrote:
Califbill
"For $50 you can get a year permit for a long gun entry to Canada."

Why would he need that? He'll be long gone by hunting season.
Oh wait...there's always the chance he'll run into some gun crazy
'mericans up here during the summer.
Best be prepared.

Or a gun crazy Canuck. Or a high crime area like Halifax.

wrote:

[...]

Was that you narcissism talking or just jealousy?

wrote:

[...]

....*you* narcissism...

When you count up the number of your guns, do you have to use the
fingers on both hands?

Spot On... [email protected] General 0 January 24th 16 08:49 PM
Spot On... Keyser Söze General 75 January 23rd 16 07:21 AM
Thanks to SPOT Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 9 November 13th 08 01:37 AM
Don't buy a SPOT quite yet Roger Long Cruising 4 June 29th 08 04:25 PM
Spot the Errors!? Capt. Rob ASA 29 June 29th 07 12:17 AM