Default Waynes SPOT

I am looking at your SPOT and it is clear you at Thunderbolt in
Savanna but the spot shows you up on the pier, in one of the
warehouses. out in the parking lot. Were you hauled or is it just
drift in the location reported? I notice when you are on the hook it
moves around too but I assumed that was just swinging on the rode.

On Tue, 24 May 2016 22:38:22 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2016 21:18:29 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2016 20:37:17 -0400,
wrote:

I am looking at your SPOT and it is clear you at Thunderbolt in
Savanna but the spot shows you up on the pier, in one of the
warehouses. out in the parking lot. Were you hauled or is it just
drift in the location reported? I notice when you are on the hook it
moves around too but I assumed that was just swinging on the rode.

===

It's just position drift on the SPOT GPS. Apparently they aren't
using the latest receiver technology. We're firmly at the dock
surrounded by at least $100,000,000 in mega yachts. It's quite a
place with a very good reputation. The price quote for fixing the
hydraulic stabilizers seemed half way reasonable so we're going to be
here a few days supporting the local economy. If they get it fixed it
will be worth it. The last time the stabilizers were serviced was at
Gulf Marine Ways on FMB. They totally ripped me off and didn't really
get it right.

I saw some pretty big boats parked there on the aerial. Are you
watching that weather east of you? Van Winkle on NBC-2 says it may be
nasty in the Carolinas this weekend. You might just want to stay there
until this shakes out a little, at least until they figure out what is
happening. That looks like a fairly well protected spot.

===

I'm seeing that tropical low on my GFS forecast model. It's very
early in the season for that sort of thing and I doubt it will amount
to much. Nevertheless it bears watching. My real concern is that it
will stall out and turn into a 10 day rain event. We got caught up in
one of those 2 years ago heading south in October.

On Tue, 24 May 2016 22:38:22 -0400, wrote:

I saw some pretty big boats parked there on the aerial.

===

Here are some of the little boats docked near us:

http://www.superyachts.com/yacht-cha...lue-moon-1002/

http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yac...ing-irish-2585

http://www.superyachts.com/sail-yacht-2828/helios.htm

wrote:

[...]

That is my guess too but it is not the best thing for being on the
boat. At least in Savanna you can hop in a cab and go to a nice hotel.
Maybe get some of that BBQ ;-)
I imagine 40' starts to seem pretty small if you can't go outside for
a few days.

On Tue, 24 May 2016 23:05:09 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2016 22:38:22 -0400, wrote:

I saw some pretty big boats parked there on the aerial.

===

Here are some of the little boats docked near us:

http://www.superyachts.com/yacht-cha...lue-moon-1002/

http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yac...ing-irish-2585

http://www.superyachts.com/sail-yacht-2828/helios.htm

I don't like any of them better than yours!
--

Ban Krausescheiße-spouting narcissists...not guns!

On Wed, 25 May 2016 07:08:00 -0400, Keine Krausescheiße
wrote:

Here are some of the little boats docked near us:

http://www.superyachts.com/yacht-cha...lue-moon-1002/

http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yac...ing-irish-2585

http://www.superyachts.com/sail-yacht-2828/helios.htm

I don't like any of them better than yours!

===

Thanks. Ours is certainly a lot more affordable.

wrote:

Here are some of the little boats docked near us:

http://www.superyachts.com/yacht-cha...lue-moon-1002/

http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yac...ing-irish-2585

http://www.superyachts.com/sail-yacht-2828/helios.htm

I don't like any of them better than yours!

===

Thanks. Ours is certainly a lot more affordable.

Yeah, they want $325k a week to rent the Blue moon. I assume that does
not cover gratuities.

wrote:

Here are some of the little boats docked near us:

http://www.superyachts.com/yacht-cha...lue-moon-1002/

http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yac...ing-irish-2585

http://www.superyachts.com/sail-yacht-2828/helios.htm

I don't like any of them better than yours!

===

Thanks. Ours is certainly a lot more affordable.

Yeah, they want $325k a week to rent the Blue moon. I assume that does
not cover gratuities.

$65,000 in tips? Split how many ways? = how much per crew member?

Spot On... [email protected] General 0 January 24th 16 08:49 PM
Spot On... Keyser Söze General 75 January 23rd 16 07:21 AM
Thanks to SPOT Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 9 November 13th 08 01:37 AM
Don't buy a SPOT quite yet Roger Long Cruising 4 June 29th 08 04:25 PM
Spot the Errors!? Capt. Rob ASA 29 June 29th 07 12:17 AM