Default Waynes SPOT

On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:28:05 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 19:40:50 -0400, wrote:

It is looking like it will just be a nagging rain event. Good thing
you got your stabilizers fixed.
I had never really looked at the ICW that closely but I can see how
you can get pretty much all the way up there without going outside.
I am not sure how you get across the mouth of the Chesapeake.

===

Yes, it looks like the stabilizer issue is a thing of the past.
Thunderbolt Marine has a first rate hydraulic guy on the staff and we
got the parts overnighted down from Connecticut (where they are made
by swiss elves who charge accordingly). The yard manager shuffled
some of his other projects so we were in and out about as quickly as
you could hope. Five stars for Thunderbolt.

http://www.thunderboltmarine.com/

The mouth of the Chesapeake doesn't seem to be an issue for people. If
you stay on the west side it doesn't even feel like open water, and on
the east side you've got the bay bridge tunnel which kind of breaks
things up. The biggest challenge for most people is the New Jersey
coast. The NJ ICW is very shallow and just about impassable for boats
that draw more than 3 ft or so. Going outside you are totally
exposed to the North Atlantic for over 100 miles with only one truly
safe, all weather inlet north of Cape May (Atlantic City).

Glad to hear that. Tim and I were wondering about that yesterday or day before.

On Sun, 29 May 2016 06:16:44 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

[...]

They are on the move again, sneaking up on Charleston from the land
side ;-)
Bonnie does not seem to be dropping a lot of rain but it is a pretty
well defined wind storm.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Bonnie%20wind%20map.jpg

wrote:

[...]

Yup. I'm thinking that would be a damn fun trip to be on. The winds are probably not bad on the
water behind the land, although there appears to be some potential thunderstorms next week. Wayne
can handle it!

On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:28:05 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Looks like you are holed up on Minim Creek for the night. RADAR seems
to be saying there is not much rain and I assume that is a pretty well
sheltered place. Hope you are having a great evening.

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 3:48:45 PM UTC-4, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2016 06:35:30 -0700 (PDT), Keine Krausescheiße
wrote:

It looks like you are on the move again. You might be running right
into this mess. NOAA still has it coming in Saturday and still off of
the outer banks on Wednesday.

Never mind. Looks like he's going to pay a visit to the Marines.

===

Yes, we went right by Paris Island this morning.

Were making good progress for a while but the weather deteriorated
badly in the last couple of hours so we anchored up in a nice secure
spot just off the ICW and a little south west of Charleston. Looks
like it's going to be a windy, rainy night. Internet connectivity is
good, we've got a whole big crate of DVDs, 400 gallons of diesel,
several hundred gallons of water, a freezer full of food and a lot of
good wine. Bring on the storm. :-)

We were in Beaufort for a wedding Saturday. Stayed the night, and it was nasty. Glad you made it through the storm unscathed, safe travels.

I see you are at Morehead City now, you might want to get moving. The
"C" storm (Colin) is coming up behind you Wednesday or so. It is
supposed to transit Florida Tuesday if the weather guessers are right.

Spot On... [email protected] General 0 January 24th 16 08:49 PM
Spot On... Keyser Söze General 75 January 23rd 16 07:21 AM
Thanks to SPOT Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 9 November 13th 08 01:37 AM
Don't buy a SPOT quite yet Roger Long Cruising 4 June 29th 08 04:25 PM
Spot the Errors!? Capt. Rob ASA 29 June 29th 07 12:17 AM