Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old January 23rd 16, 09:15 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 33,566
Default Yo Luddite!

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:01:25 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:58:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/23/2016 10:58 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:59:30 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 06:32:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Now they're forecasting we may get 10 cm by tomorrow. No big deal, it'll just pile on top of what we already have on the ground.

It's drifted up to 60cm in my driveway...and I don't have a snowblower. So for me,
it's a big deal! As long as it doesn't cover the BBQ grill, which I may move into the
garage, we'll be OK.

It is 63 and blowing over 20 out of the north here. Probably not a
good boat day



Some people just *have* to rub it in.


===

That might sound warm to you but trust me, it's not. Absolutely no
one is boating today.


It is really just the wind. Yesterday it was OK once we got back in
Jewfish creek but those long straight sections of the river were tough
going out. Coming back I could null out the wind with the throttle and
the sun felt great.
We planted another coconut on the river.
Of the 12 or so that we have planted, there are about 8 that are going
strong. I am putting them on the spoil piles and it seems the ones up
river are doing better than the ones down river. It is either the
salinity or just the quality of the dirt they dredged up way back in
the 60s. (after Donna)

  #12   Report Post  
Old January 24th 16, 01:40 AM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,244
Default Yo Luddite!

On 1/23/2016 1:18 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/23/2016 1:00 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/23/16 8:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/23/2016 8:26 AM, John H. wrote:

Can I borrow your snow plow...please?

We've got a little over a foot, and I just don't feel like shovelling.

I feel for you guys in this storm's path. Snow is a pain in the ass and
more so the older you get. Forecast for our area has upped the
snowfall amounts but still not a "killer" storm. Probably get 10" or
so.




We have at least 12" in the yard, not counting drifts, and it is suppose
to continue snowing through most of today. The plow guy hopes to get to
us tomorrow evening or early Monday. I'd not in any rush to head out
anywhere, anyway. We are putting seed out on sheets of cardboard for the
birds and are getting a lot of colorful traffic in the backyard.

Wind picks up every so often.



I had just come in from picking up a bunch of ice melt at Lowe's and
then putting the plow back on the truck when our land line phone rang.
It rarely rings, so I thought it was unusual. Answered it and it was
a recorded message from the Town's Emergency Management Department.

The message was that the Black tie Bingo game at the town Senior Center
for this evening has been canceled due to the snowstorm.

That was it.

WTF? Does the town have a data base of every resident over the age of 65?

Cracked me up.


reverse 911.
  #13   Report Post  
Old January 24th 16, 01:48 AM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Aug 2013
Posts: 6,972
Default Yo Luddite!

On 1/23/2016 8:40 PM, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 1/23/2016 1:18 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/23/2016 1:00 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/23/16 8:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/23/2016 8:26 AM, John H. wrote:

Can I borrow your snow plow...please?

We've got a little over a foot, and I just don't feel like shovelling.

I feel for you guys in this storm's path. Snow is a pain in the ass
and
more so the older you get. Forecast for our area has upped the
snowfall amounts but still not a "killer" storm. Probably get 10" or
so.




We have at least 12" in the yard, not counting drifts, and it is suppose
to continue snowing through most of today. The plow guy hopes to get to
us tomorrow evening or early Monday. I'd not in any rush to head out
anywhere, anyway. We are putting seed out on sheets of cardboard for the
birds and are getting a lot of colorful traffic in the backyard.

Wind picks up every so often.



I had just come in from picking up a bunch of ice melt at Lowe's and
then putting the plow back on the truck when our land line phone rang.
It rarely rings, so I thought it was unusual. Answered it and it was
a recorded message from the Town's Emergency Management Department.

The message was that the Black tie Bingo game at the town Senior Center
for this evening has been canceled due to the snowstorm.

That was it.

WTF? Does the town have a data base of every resident over the age of
65?

Cracked me up.


reverse 911.



Just came in from plowing. Discovered that my plow lights aren't
working. When you connect the plow's electrical connections and turn
on the plow power it is supposed to switch the headlight circuit from
the truck's regular headlights to the plow lights. It isn't switching
so when I lift the plow I can't see a damn thing. There's a box
somewhere with some relays in it that is part of the plow kit.
Probably a bad relay.

Too dark to really see what I was doing so I'll finish the cleanup work
tomorrow morning when I can see. At least we can get in and out if
necessary. Really dislike snow. Gets worse every year and a 975 foot
driveway full of curves doesn't make it any better.


  #14   Report Post  
Old January 24th 16, 07:35 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2015
Posts: 920
Default Yo Luddite!

wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:59:30 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 06:32:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Now they're forecasting we may get 10 cm by tomorrow. No big deal,
it'll just pile on top of what we already have on the ground.


It's drifted up to 60cm in my driveway...and I don't have a snowblower. So for me,
it's a big deal! As long as it doesn't cover the BBQ grill, which I may move into the
garage, we'll be OK.


It is 63 and blowing over 20 out of the north here. Probably not a
good boat day


60 light winds and overcast. Need to,tow the boat back to storage. May
get out later this week. Supposed to not rain for a few days. Talked to,a
fishing guide yesterday from Shasta Lake area. Said lake has come up 15'
in the last few days. 60,000 cubic feet a second coming in to the lake.

  #15   Report Post  
Old January 24th 16, 07:35 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2015
Posts: 920
Default Yo Luddite!

wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:01:25 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:58:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/23/2016 10:58 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:59:30 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 06:32:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Now they're forecasting we may get 10 cm by tomorrow. No big deal,
it'll just pile on top of what we already have on the ground.

It's drifted up to 60cm in my driveway...and I don't have a snowblower. So for me,
it's a big deal! As long as it doesn't cover the BBQ grill, which I may move into the
garage, we'll be OK.

It is 63 and blowing over 20 out of the north here. Probably not a
good boat day



Some people just *have* to rub it in.


===

That might sound warm to you but trust me, it's not. Absolutely no
one is boating today.


It is really just the wind. Yesterday it was OK once we got back in
Jewfish creek but those long straight sections of the river were tough
going out. Coming back I could null out the wind with the throttle and
the sun felt great.
We planted another coconut on the river.
Of the 12 or so that we have planted, there are about 8 that are going
strong. I am putting them on the spoil piles and it seems the ones up
river are doing better than the ones down river. It is either the
salinity or just the quality of the dirt they dredged up way back in
the 60s. (after Donna)


We have friends who live in Hawaii for a few years. She said they planted
some coconuts around the house. Way to many coconuts and everyone sprouted
she thinks. Way to many trees.



  #16   Report Post  
Old January 24th 16, 10:01 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 33,566
Default Yo Luddite!

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 11:35:46 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:


It is really just the wind. Yesterday it was OK once we got back in
Jewfish creek but those long straight sections of the river were tough
going out. Coming back I could null out the wind with the throttle and
the sun felt great.
We planted another coconut on the river.
Of the 12 or so that we have planted, there are about 8 that are going
strong. I am putting them on the spoil piles and it seems the ones up
river are doing better than the ones down river. It is either the
salinity or just the quality of the dirt they dredged up way back in
the 60s. (after Donna)


We have friends who live in Hawaii for a few years. She said they planted
some coconuts around the house. Way to many coconuts and everyone sprouted
she thinks. Way to many trees.



That is why we are spreading them out. I have a bunch here


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Luddite Justan Olphart[_2_] General 4 September 25th 15 06:40 PM
luddite Justan Olphat General 0 June 27th 15 03:05 AM
Yo Luddite Boating All Out General 36 December 7th 14 07:09 PM
Yo Mr. Luddite! Poquito Loco General 30 July 27th 14 02:01 PM
Yo Luddite John H[_2_] General 2 October 10th 13 01:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017