Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Yo Luddite!

wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:01:25 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:58:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/23/2016 10:58 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:59:30 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 06:32:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Now they're forecasting we may get 10 cm by tomorrow. No big deal,
it'll just pile on top of what we already have on the ground.

It's drifted up to 60cm in my driveway...and I don't have a snowblower. So for me,
it's a big deal! As long as it doesn't cover the BBQ grill, which I may move into the
garage, we'll be OK.

It is 63 and blowing over 20 out of the north here. Probably not a
good boat day

Some people just *have* to rub it in.

===

That might sound warm to you but trust me, it's not. Absolutely no
one is boating today.

It is really just the wind. Yesterday it was OK once we got back in
Jewfish creek but those long straight sections of the river were tough
going out. Coming back I could null out the wind with the throttle and
the sun felt great.
We planted another coconut on the river.
Of the 12 or so that we have planted, there are about 8 that are going
strong. I am putting them on the spoil piles and it seems the ones up
river are doing better than the ones down river. It is either the
salinity or just the quality of the dirt they dredged up way back in
the 60s. (after Donna)

We have friends who live in Hawaii for a few years. She said they planted
some coconuts around the house. Way to many coconuts and everyone sprouted
she thinks. Way to many trees.