Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Chili Barbecue Ribs

My wife found this in People magazine. Great recipe, although I cut way back on the
'hot stuff'.

2 racks of meaty ribs

1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
5 tbsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup kosher salt
2 tbsp ancho chili powder
1/2 cup chipotle powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin

Heat oven to 275F. Mix all the seasonings in bowl. Generously rub the mixture into
the meat. Save extra for steaks, chops, whatever. Put ribs on rack in roasting pan,
and cook uncovered for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Ribs will have a nice crust and be tender
inside.

I just noticed that this recipe was for a couple racks of beef ribs. Oh well, I used
it on pork ribs. I did not use any cayenne or ancho pepper. I used only about two
tablespoons of the chipotle powder and 1 tsp of the red pepper flakes. And, I
substituted cardamom for the coriander, 'cause I didn't have any coriander.

My wife still said it was pretty hot. Personally, I think I could have used more of
the 'hot stuff', but the ribs were damn good as fixed.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic F.O.A.D. General 168 June 29th 13 03:39 PM
Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic *e#c General 0 June 20th 13 06:45 PM
OT! Chili Happy John General 5 January 12th 12 11:37 PM
Hey John. Speaking of chili Tim General 10 March 20th 11 01:48 PM
Haul the Chili! Jonathan Ganz ASA 11 October 29th 03 11:28 PM