Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

On Jun 20, 7:56*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
I'm only an occasional "griller," and I'll be the first to admit my
knowledge of the care and keeping of a barbecue grill is minimal. To
wit, the problem is keeping the grill spiffy enough to satisfy even my
minimal non-OCD male standards of cleanliness.

Even though I brush down the grill grates per all the instructions
before using the grill, they and the pieces and parts underneath them
still accumulate mass quantities of the bits and pieces that fall off
and drip off when I fire up the mammalian cooker.

I've tried a few "grill cleaning" chemicals, products from Easy Off and
Weber, for example, but none I've tried so far do what I want - and that
is to literally dissolve the "remains" that stick on the grates and
grill innards. I'm still left with the messy job
of scraping and scrubbing, and since our grill is large and on a deck,
there's another mess to clean up after trying to clean the grill.

I haven't tried putting the grates in our self-cleaning oven, but I
understand that might work. It seems pretty drastic, though.

So, my droogs (a top of the hat to Anthony Burgess), have you discovered
any grill cleaner formula that really works, and dissolves the nasty
leftovers without having to spend an entire day scrubbing?

And what think you of the self-cleaning oven technique for the grates?

**** OFF ASSGASKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic F.O.A.D. General 168 June 29th 13 03:39 PM
Magna Grill Problem/Advice Jim Bailey General 3 August 24th 04 12:09 AM
our grill Scott Vernon ASA 13 June 19th 04 02:37 PM
A Better Grill-FYI Bobsprit ASA 8 May 30th 04 03:39 AM
ON Topic -- Power boat novice seeks advice Jim General 31 April 15th 04 02:22 AM