Tim Tim is offline

Default Chili Barbecue Ribs

Excellent John. I'm putting this in my files.
Greg, I'll try it your way too!

Thanks for the recipe! I think its time for me to try making barbecue spice rub at home. I usually get the one from Horton Spice Mills. I like the taste of it. But I definitely would like to try this.

Our own Johnny Childs....cooking and baking for the masses.
Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 12:27:41 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Thanks for the recipe! I think its time for me to try making barbecue spice rub at home. I usually get the one from Horton Spice Mills. I like the taste of it. But I definitely would like to try this.

I think you'll enjoy it. We've cooked a few of John's concoctions and have been well pleased.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 06:50:43 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 12:27:41 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Thanks for the recipe! I think its time for me to try making barbecue spice rub at home. I usually get the one from Horton Spice Mills. I like the taste of it. But I definitely would like to try this.

I think you'll enjoy it. We've cooked a few of John's concoctions and have been well pleased.

Tim, can you eat beans - like a 15 bean soup without gobs of (great tasting but
artery clogging) fat? This is a pretty good recipe:

Slow Cooker Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP
Ingredients
(1) package HamBeens® Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP
(1) Green bell pepper, diced
(1) Yellow onion, diced
(1) cup diced celery
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 lb. Andouille smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4? rounds (or, lean ham)
1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
8 cups chicken stock

Cooking Directions

No soak required!
Rinse and sort through the beans, check for any unwanted debris and discard.
Add rinsed beans, onion, pepper, celery, garlic, chicken stock, water, and Hurst's
Cajun seasoning packet into a 4-6 quart slow cooker. (NO TOMATOES or SAUSAGE OR HAM
YET.)
Stir to combine everything. Set to high heat and timer for 5 hours.
After 5 hours, check beans for doneness. If tender, add sausage and tomatoes.
Cook for at least an additional 30-45 minutes, keep warm until ready to serve.**
Serve with long grain rice or some fresh baked corn bread… enjoy!

This can stay warming in the slow cooker for several hours, it will continue to
develop the flavors and thicken up as the beans begin to break down.
Try to avoid lifting the lid too much, it will just add to the cooking time!

--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic F.O.A.D. General 168 June 29th 13 03:39 PM
Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic *e#c General 0 June 20th 13 06:45 PM
OT! Chili Happy John General 5 January 12th 12 11:37 PM
Hey John. Speaking of chili Tim General 10 March 20th 11 01:48 PM
Haul the Chili! Jonathan Ganz ASA 11 October 29th 03 11:28 PM