Default Yuppie Walmart

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:51:53 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 7:14 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:37:34 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 6:28 PM,
wrote:

I'm sure that when walmart has something he wants, on sale for 20-30%
less than they have it at his regular store, he pulls his hat down
over his eyes and slinks in for the bargain.

Nope. Never been in the store.

That is even worse than saying you have been there and you didn't like
it. I have been in other walmarts and this one does seem different but
the produce was the same. It sucked. Canned goods are the same and
they do have deals on electronics. I ended up buying the new TV from
Tiger tho.
That will be my next "make work" project. I am designing a
disappearing mount in the girls room for a 58" TV.

Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know.

Nope. Never been in the store. Don't like the chain's
mistreatment/exploitation of employees and its crappy Chinese goods. Two
supermarket chains post price comparisons and they almost always are
less expensive for food than Walmart. Dunno what I would buy there,
anyway. I'm not much of a shopper, so much of what I purchase comes from
Amazon, which does charge sales tax for items shipped to Maryland.

Maybe up there in union dominated Maryland Walmart is a bad employer
but the folks I talked to who work there were happier with the walmart
deal than they were getting at other stores. That may change but it is
what it is
I do understand there is a difference between part time and full time.
These people were offered full time with benefits.

I am not sure I will do much shopping there either but as long as they
will sell me propane cheaper than the guy a couple miles farther down
the road, I will be doing that.
I am a net shopper myself. We get at least one box from someone almost
every day.

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 17:14:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Amazon sells those same cheap Chinese products too

I hesitated to point that out. If you are buying a product and you
know what the model number is that you want, it really does not matter
that much who you buy it from.
The TV I bought was in a number of places and Tiger had the best deal
with free shipping.

Tim wrote:
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 4:03:40 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/26/15 4:48 PM, wrote:
Against the decade long protest of the erudite throng here, Walmart
finally got their Estero store open.
It is disguised as a line of small Mediterranean shops in keeping with
the Estero Design Committee requirements that try to make the whole
town look like the house of Zorro designed it.
I have avoided it but I needed propane and they have a Blue Rhino
franchise that is $5 less than anyone else. (yeah I know it is 3
pounds less propane but so are the $20 ones)
I was surprised when a guy met me at the door, told me he would have
my jugs swapped out by the time I could go into the garden center and
pay. A couple minutes later I was carrying them to the truck.

I decided to go in and look around. The first thing I noticed was the
customers were not walmart people. They were yuppies (no fat women in
sweat suits or bunches of screaming kids)
The other thing I noticed was lots of people were actually trying to
sell me something. It wasn't that vast wasteland with no employees you
expect there. I suppose that may change as soon as they get
established.
Another thing I noticed is a few familiar faces from other stores. The
guy I knew the best said walmart had a better pay and benefits package
than Ace Hardware so he jumped.
My FIL said a lot of his "McDonalds" old timers jumped too.
I was surprised.

Thankfully, Walmart's plan to build a new "superstore" in the mid to
south county area failed thanks to citizen opposition, and so we just
have the evil regular-sized store that's easy enough to drive by...

Yeah, you don't want that hacienda looking thing to literally suck you off the street and through their front door.

Harry proudly posted a picture of his basement office/living quarters
with a printer he bought from Walmart. Who is he kidding?

True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know."

I get a kick out of that. You get a bunch of cheapskate like the Johnny, who buy large oversized campers towed by over bloated trucks and they are too cheap to pay campground fees. They stay for free at Wally-Mart and only go to campgrounds when they overflow their holding tanks.

You really get "a kick out of that"? What a sad life you have, dummy.

wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:51:53 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 7:14 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:37:34 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 6:28 PM,
wrote:
[...]

We know how much Harry is against paying taxes. It must have been
horrific when Amazon started to charge sales tax.

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 20:53:42 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:51:53 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 7:14 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 18:37:34 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/26/15 6:28 PM,
wrote:

[...]

He has never been in the store. Therefore he is making up all his comments about the
people who work or shop there.

Or he is simply lying again.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 16:42:13 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Keyser Söze
"Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know."

I get a kick out of that. You get a bunch of cheapskate like the Johnny, who buy large oversized campers towed by over bloated trucks and they are too cheap to pay campground fees. They stay for free at Wally-Mart and only go to campgrounds when they overflow their holding tanks.

What is 'over bloated trucks'? How would you know anything about staying at a
WalMart?

Get your head out of the anal orifice, donne'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 9/27/2015 4:09 PM, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 16:42:13 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Keyser Söze
"Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know."

I get a kick out of that. You get a bunch of cheapskate like the Johnny, who buy large oversized campers towed by over bloated trucks and they are too cheap to pay campground fees. They stay for free at Wally-Mart and only go to campgrounds when they overflow their holding tanks.

What is 'over bloated trucks'? How would you know anything about staying at a
WalMart?

Get your head out of the anal orifice, donne'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

To Donnie, Everything he doesn't own looks bigger and better.

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 17:07:50 -0400, John H.
wrote:

He has never been in the store. Therefore he is making up all his comments about the
people who work or shop there.

Or he is simply lying again.

Harry doesn't like walmart because the democrats told him they were
bad. The reality is they set the standard for all of these big box
stores and the difference between all of them is minuscule.

They act like "low end retail" or fast food is supposed to be a
career. It is, at best, a job you get until you learn enough to have a
career or what you do after you retire, just to get out of the house.

If you want a career in retail, you get a job on commission. Then you
can actually make some money if you are good at it. If you are not,
the market speaks.

Local walmart now has .22's! Tim General 21 June 25th 14 01:23 AM
WalMart Ammo Poco Loco General 9 February 21st 14 02:46 PM
Walmart Hero jps General 5 November 20th 13 08:40 PM
$89 WalMart charger Dennis Gibbons Electronics 5 February 2nd 04 11:59 AM