Default Yuppie Walmart

Against the decade long protest of the erudite throng here, Walmart
finally got their Estero store open.
It is disguised as a line of small Mediterranean shops in keeping with
the Estero Design Committee requirements that try to make the whole
town look like the house of Zorro designed it.
I have avoided it but I needed propane and they have a Blue Rhino
franchise that is $5 less than anyone else. (yeah I know it is 3
pounds less propane but so are the $20 ones)
I was surprised when a guy met me at the door, told me he would have
my jugs swapped out by the time I could go into the garden center and
pay. A couple minutes later I was carrying them to the truck.

I decided to go in and look around. The first thing I noticed was the
customers were not walmart people. They were yuppies (no fat women in
sweat suits or bunches of screaming kids)
The other thing I noticed was lots of people were actually trying to
sell me something. It wasn't that vast wasteland with no employees you
expect there. I suppose that may change as soon as they get
established.
Another thing I noticed is a few familiar faces from other stores. The
guy I knew the best said walmart had a better pay and benefits package
than Ace Hardware so he jumped.
My FIL said a lot of his "McDonalds" old timers jumped too.
I was surprised.

On 9/26/15 4:48 PM, wrote:
[...]

Thankfully, Walmart's plan to build a new "superstore" in the mid to
south county area failed thanks to citizen opposition, and so we just
have the evil regular-sized store that's easy enough to drive by...
Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 4:03:40 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/26/15 4:48 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, you don't want that hacienda looking thing to literally suck you off the street and through their front door.

On 9/26/15 4:48 PM, wrote:
[...]

I'm sure that when walmart has something he wants, on sale for 20-30%
less than they have it at his regular store, he pulls his hat down
over his eyes and slinks in for the bargain.

wrote:
[...]

Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know.

Keyser Söze
"Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know."

I get a kick out of that. You get a bunch of cheapskate like the Johnny, who buy large oversized campers towed by over bloated trucks and they are too cheap to pay campground fees. They stay for free at Wally-Mart and only go to campgrounds when they overflow their holding tanks.

On 9/26/15 7:42 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Nope. Never been in the store. Have no idea why campers are in the
store's parking lot at night, don't wanna know."

I get a kick out of that. You get a bunch of cheapskate like the Johnny, who buy large oversized campers towed by over bloated trucks and they are too cheap to pay campground fees. They stay for free at Wally-Mart and only go to campgrounds when they overflow their holding tanks.

Wow. Had no idea. No wonder JohhnyMop is such a fan of Walmart.
Tim Tim is offline

Amazon sells those same cheap Chinese products too

Local walmart now has .22's! Tim General 21 June 25th 14 01:23 AM
WalMart Ammo Poco Loco General 9 February 21st 14 02:46 PM
Walmart Hero jps General 5 November 20th 13 08:40 PM
$89 WalMart charger Dennis Gibbons Electronics 5 February 2nd 04 11:59 AM