Default Yuppie Walmart

Against the decade long protest of the erudite throng here, Walmart
finally got their Estero store open.
It is disguised as a line of small Mediterranean shops in keeping with
the Estero Design Committee requirements that try to make the whole
town look like the house of Zorro designed it.
I have avoided it but I needed propane and they have a Blue Rhino
franchise that is $5 less than anyone else. (yeah I know it is 3
pounds less propane but so are the $20 ones)
I was surprised when a guy met me at the door, told me he would have
my jugs swapped out by the time I could go into the garden center and
pay. A couple minutes later I was carrying them to the truck.

I decided to go in and look around. The first thing I noticed was the
customers were not walmart people. They were yuppies (no fat women in
sweat suits or bunches of screaming kids)
The other thing I noticed was lots of people were actually trying to
sell me something. It wasn't that vast wasteland with no employees you
expect there. I suppose that may change as soon as they get
established.
Another thing I noticed is a few familiar faces from other stores. The
guy I knew the best said walmart had a better pay and benefits package
than Ace Hardware so he jumped.
My FIL said a lot of his "McDonalds" old timers jumped too.
I was surprised.