Default Sent by a friend with guns

My Gun

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 12
gauge semi-auto shotgun right in the doorway. I left 9 shells beside it, then left
it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman delivered my
mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down
the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.
After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there,
right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself.
It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had
presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the
Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they
kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in
the world.

The United States is third in Murders throughout the World. But if you take out just
four cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington, DC and New Orleans, the United States is
fourth from the bottom, in the entire world, for Murders! These four Cities also
have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the U. S. All four of these cities are
controlled by Democrats. It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data -
right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.
Tim Tim is offline

John, my guns are well behaved too!

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:21:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John, my guns are well behaved too!

In the week ending June 18, there were 15 homicides in Chicago. Not one of them made
the local news here. Almost all were by gunshot, and the vast majority of those
killed were black males. Yet, no mention in the news.

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

On 6/30/2015 5:30 PM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:21:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John, my guns are well behaved too!

In the week ending June 18, there were 15 homicides in Chicago. Not one of them made
the local news here. Almost all were by gunshot, and the vast majority of those
killed were black males. Yet, no mention in the news.

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

How do you focus on the "behavior" of people committing homicides with
guns if you don't know who has the guns in the first place?

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:29:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

How do you focus on the "behavior" of people committing homicides with
guns if you don't know who has the guns in the first place?

===

Almost all of those guns are illegally owned. It is totally naive to
think that a new law or two will change that.

wrote:

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

How do you focus on the "behavior" of people committing homicides with
guns if you don't know who has the guns in the first place?

===

Almost all of those guns are illegally owned. It is totally naive to
think that a new law or two will change that.

How many murders occur in Chicago with legally owned guns?

wrote:

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

How do you focus on the "behavior" of people committing homicides with
guns if you don't know who has the guns in the first place?

===

Almost all of those guns are illegally owned. It is totally naive to
think that a new law or two will change that.

How many of those illegally owned guns started out as "legally" owned guns?

It's a start. All it involves is a requirement for a background check
and registration of the firearm to establish a chain of custody.

No big deal and no infringement of anyone's "rights".

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:29:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 6/30/2015 5:30 PM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:21:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John, my guns are well behaved too!

In the week ending June 18, there were 15 homicides in Chicago. Not one of them made
the local news here. Almost all were by gunshot, and the vast majority of those
killed were black males. Yet, no mention in the news.

One might think we should focus on the *behavior* of the folks committing the
homicides rather than attempting to build a bureaucracy around gun paperwork.

How do you focus on the "behavior" of people committing homicides with
guns if you don't know who has the guns in the first place?

I'll bet the cops in the cities mentioned have a pretty good idea who has the guns.

From my friend... F.O.A.D. General 2 October 9th 13 09:42 PM
Man's best friend. A little OT... John H[_2_] General 1 March 10th 11 12:25 AM
Sent by same Rep Friend Gordon Cruising 1 February 13th 09 03:02 PM
A new friend... Lady Pilot ASA 11 August 10th 06 01:41 AM
For a friend.......... Bill Kiene General 4 August 12th 03 05:49 AM